Serious question: Is Nate Diaz even a good MMA fighter?

75 Others

Stop it Skeeeyyyuuup
Daps
The Diaz brothers are gatekeeper status to me. basically, they will never be champions, but the people that beat them can very well be on a championship level.

I don't consider them scrubs by any means, the posses a skill that few fighters in the UFC have, freakish endurance and rock hard chins. The only people I know that have this are DC, Cain, and Edgar

Again, I wouldn't bet against them in a match, but they are far from elite.

Cheech&Chong

rip chinx
Daps
Reppin
More tough then talented. Decent overall fighter in all disciplines but not great in any aspect

pretty much. The older i get the less i like them. Before the connor fight they were more known for fukkery the their wins

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
The Diaz bros are just average fighters at best good enough to be contenders but not good enough to be champions. Both of them can take alot of damage and still be in the fight but like others said they always get taken down and thats when wrestlers will just lay on them for the rest of the fight
An average fighter isnt a contender....

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Inches
I heard Nate sparred with Andre Ward. I can tell by the way he talks he's already a lil punch-drunk. This dude gettin slapped around by world class boxers.

ChatGPT-4

Superstar
Daps
Only way to beat a Diaz is to point fight. If you try to out strike or out grapple them, try to take them out man to man, you'll lose. Best to just leg kick and get an occasional TD. Conor tried to go man to man and gassed. Second time he point fought and did a lot of running.

Those boys are like Frankenstein. Low fight IQ but if you try to go toe to toe, you'll gas and lose.

They're a fan fav cause they come to fight, not play a sport.

Nate is the only one to get rocked by Josh Thompson, 10 years they've never been KO or Subbed.

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Solid mid-tier guy. Fringe top 10. McGregor claims he lost because he was the "bigger man", but Diaz is the same size as Conor and fought most of his career at McGregor's weight class. He's physically pretty weak compared to a lot of other fighters in the division so his physicality being a factor (notable exception being his superior reach) is a weak excuse from McGregor.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only way to beat a Diaz is to point fight. If you try to out strike or out grapple them, try to take them out man to man, you'll lose. Best to just leg kick and get an occasional TD. Conor tried to go man to man and gassed. Second time he point fought and did a lot of running.

Those boys are like Frankenstein. Low fight IQ but if you try to go toe to toe, you'll gas and lose.

Nate is the only one to get rocked by Josh Thompson, 10 years they've never been KO or Subbed.

Facts

Daps

Yep all true both brothers can just eat punches and walk you down

and that Thompson kick that put away Nate was deadly it's the nearly same reason jones was able to put away cormier

ChatGPT-4

Superstar
Daps
Yep all true both brothers can just eat punches and walk you down

and that Thompson kick that put away Nate was deadly it's the nearly same reason jones was able to put away cormier
Imagine if this were old school Vale Tudo, no time limit, no judges. :merchant: These 2 would be world champs.