Since the 1980s what decade had the best movies?

Since the 1980s what decade had the best movies?

• Total voters

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
90s had the best kid movies along with the edgiest movies, dramas and comedies.

2000's were really underrated like the Bourne Movies and "rogue" type of movies, Star Wars, Dark Knight, X-Men, etc.
I actually think they had the best blend of over-the-top yet realistic action movies.

I'm going with the 80's though.
Star Wars, Terminator, Predator, Aliens, Rocky, Karate Kid, Beverly Hills Cop, The Last Dragon, Top Gun, Best of the Best, Indiana Jones, Batman, etc. and great soundtracks.

Last edited:

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
80s

nightmare on elm street
critters
deadly friend
commando
last dragon
delta force
missin in action
cobra
rocky iii
moonwalker

Daps
as someone who grew up in the 90s watching movies from the 80s and 90s one thing sticks out

in movies/tv they made 1980s/early 90s nyc look like the cultural mecca. the coolest and scariest place on earth.

it makes me sad because ive never been, but what i do see now looks completely different. like that nyc is gone forever?

but im also talking out of my ass because ive never been there. so what do i know?

sorry for rambling

You are definitely rambling you Democrat shill fxggot, you been slurping Brandon's nuts for so long that your brain is fried just like his :pachaha:

With that being said, I get what you're saying.:ehh:

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
I thought we meant after the 80’s?

The 90’s had a lot of corny movies. Plus when I think of the 90’s I think after like 94. 90-94 was basically the 80’s part 2

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
You are definitely rambling you Democrat shill fxggot, you been slurping Brandon's nuts for so long that your brain is fried just like his :pachaha:

With that being said, I get what you're saying.:ehh:
ah yes im a "shill fakkit" with all the pro-joe threads ive created... a grand total of 0

i realize your severe biden derangement syndrome is interfering with your ability to dilate your throat for your favorite racist cacdaddy, but i'd appreciate it if you kept your MAGA bullshyt to yourself.

personally i try not to argue with people who have sperm on their breath

:scusthov:

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
as someone who grew up in the 90s watching movies from the 80s and 90s one thing sticks out

in movies/tv they made 1980s/early 90s nyc look like the cultural mecca. the coolest and scariest place on earth.

it makes me sad because ive never been, but what i do see now looks completely different. like that nyc is gone forever?

but im also talking out of my ass because ive never been there. so what do i know?

sorry for rambling
Yup, for better or worse...it was something :mjcry:

As for the main question of this thread, 80 & 90s were both on point. Can't really go wrong with either...

My knock on the 80s was some of the unrefined low budget looking stuff. My knock on the 90s was the late 90s cheesy futuristic films with MTV inspired editing, camerawork, graphics & low light

2legit

All Star
Daps
1990s easily. 1994 alone had a murderers row of classics released in just 1 year:

Shawshank Redemption
Forest Gump
Lion King
Dumb and Dumber
Pulp Fiction
True Lies
Speed
Little Rascals
Hoop Dreams
Above the Rim

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
80's and 90's are mostly nostalgia clouding people's judgement. Some of the acting (especially in action and comedy movies) the studio effects and lighting were terrible at times

The 2000's is the best movie decade.

The dark knight
Lord of the rings
Gladiator
Ocean's eleven
King Kong
Catch Me If You Can
the departed
The first 3 Jason Bourne series
American Gangster
training day
pirate of the caribbean 1,2 and 3
Shrek
I am legend
The Old boy (korean)
The prusuit of happiness
No country for old men
The incredible hulk

The 2000 had no real technical weakness great acting,great studio effects and lighting, great and original storyline (something movies nowadays lack)

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
80s

16 candles
the breakfast club
valley girl
bloodsport
lethal weapon 1 n 2