Sohh Drake's new album has sparked a USA vs UK beef :mjgrin:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I did not use the term hip hop just because...people like DJ Hollywood drew a line in the sand when comparing their style to the more eclectic sounds emerging.

Im not talking about the rappers from the disco scene, Im talking about the actual "bboy" crowd and there early songs from the likes of Melle Mel, Funky 4 etc...

The first wave of hiphop was highly influenced by those mentioned in my post,

that wasn't the first wave

the first rappers were rapping on breaks and disco.first wave of rap, not hip hop, i look at them different, but you have a point there.

they were "hiphop" you should listen to some of those pre-rap record home recordings to see what Im talking about. Also, I somehow missed this the 1st time

100% agree when it comes to the role AA played when it comes to music and it's (sub) cultures.The last 80 yrs or so AA have been at the forefront of every major musical development,the blues scale is a testament to that legacy.What I do have a problem with is this monolitic standpoint on the culture part.Hip Hop is as good an example as any.The way records were played,the way parties were functioning and the people involved in the creation of what would become hip hop did that because of the influence they felt from their parents and the respective cultures and countries they came from.So to say hip hop uclture is 100% an AA invention is a flat out lie.Ask Herc,or Bam or Jazzy Jay or any of the originators and they will be the first to tell you they were influenced by a range of cultures and musical styles.Hell the first wave of hiphop was some straight Euro synth pop jacking from groups like Kraftwerk and Yellow Orchestra for example.Arthur Baker(a cac) was instrumental in the early days and I can trace the origins of house for example straight back to disco,which also was an amalgamation of different styles of music(that whole 4 on the floor ish).Frankie Knuckles would tell you no different,Farley would tell you no different.Pride in the culture is commendable but know your facts and speak accordingly when discussing a culture that is way bigger then your block or state..just my 2 cents..

that was pure afram music/innovation:dwillhuh:

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
:hhh:

:mjlol:You do realize that the lil yatchys of the world aren't taking seriously and most likely flame out (Trinidad James) Kendrick is the us biggest star in rap and he'll flame any U.K. rapper and :russ: at you'll having the streets on lock only time we listen to you'll is when we're forced to while playing 2k

giphy.gif

:dead:

These UK nikkas way too gassed because they got hella features on Drake's album.

Just because Drake is featuring some of y'all that doesn't mean that we don't have have the best rappers

This nikka said a UK rapper has the streets on lock, I need to logout this bih, delusional

Kendrick ain't giving y'all features, Cole isn't, They need to stick to grime, that's their lane and it actually sounds good

Don't wanna hear an angry sesame street character on a classic primo beat, or swizz beats or dr. dre

STICK TO GRIME, ITS ACTUALLY DOPE, yall fukked up the vibes on more than one track

giphy.gif