Soooo for the first time in my life I gave Bay Area Music a Fair Shot And...

old boy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
Disclaimer though I just can't get into E-40 I know he's a legend but he's so wack to me :why: sounds like Goofy rapping but everyone else so far has been dope:manny:

glad you're getting into the bay but this comment is just crazy lol

regardless of region 40 is the epitome of a dope emcee but to each his own my breh

i can honestly say fonzarelli has never dropped a wack album

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Go to Amoeba musiv and Rasputins music on telegraph when you visit your cousin in Berkley.

Shieet you might run into rappers there. I ran into mac dre (RIP) and the cuttys just posted up smokin weed.

Went to rasputins one day and e40 was performing for free.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
shyt is so fire :banderas: the wittiness the slick talking the beats the shyt talking is just too raw..overall it seems like everyone is coo and just want to do is drink henny, smoke, fukk bytches and not be broke and just have a good time and not all about shoot muthafukkas or hustling

Im a east coast dude through and through and it was just hard for me to feel other sounds...but lately the scene has been kind of dry here with no originality....so now I feel like I just discovered a whole new genre even the old shyt new to me so im so straight...kind of like being able to watch a classic movie for the first time...

I was following that dude Guap Dad 4000 on the gram and decided to check out his tracks and I was like :leon:

Then I just discovered that kid P-Lo :blessed: then turns out he has a crew Heart Break Gang so I started listening to this kid Iamsu now im in a youtube warp hole bumping shyt from like 2014 like it just came out.

I was bumping P-lo in the gym today homie says a lot of positive and motivating shyt :whoo:

Disclaimer though I just can't get into E-40 I know he's a legend but he's so wack to me :why: sounds like Goofy rapping but everyone else so far has been dope:manny:

My cousin lives in Berkeley ....i need to take a trip out there and experience the local scene for myself i always felt Oakland was a wast coast Philly :obama: bay area bredren any other artists I need to check out? (besides Short, Keek , Mac and obvious names)

That’s cool. I’m old :flabbynsick: so I’m more into the 90s stuff, mainly 92-96.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Check out the Mekanix too. They're producer's, but they got a solid, old school, mobb sound to them and feature lots of old and new school artists

Last edited: