Sources: Trump will ask Congress, not Mexico, to pay for border wall

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
Oh, so like an even more important campaign promise like premiums not going up for insurance?:jbhmm:.

Some people probably believed the wall would be built and that Mexico would pay for it, but many know that was mainly a rallying call.

The wall could be built and Mexico could "pay" for it if trade deals change and this country comes out on top.
Obamacare's changes to the affordability of healthcare insurance were positive in states where Republican legislatures couldn't deliberately make it fail to work.

Trumpstans absolutely believed a literal wall would be built to keep Mexicans out and that Trump's magical busines acumen would force Mexico to pay for it.

"Pay" obviously does not mean pay.

tumblr_nja6jzBPeV1snhdpvo5_r1_500.gif

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Because you are assuming the nafta negotiation will be eliminated altogether

Forcing Mexico to pay for something they don't want or need by threatening them with tariffs will lead to international backlash and punishment against America
Again you and I are just speculating here
By negotiating is not the same as threatening.

And what international backlash will come from renegotiating nafta?

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
I created a thread a few months ago concerning the situation at the border with Haitians (and Africans) that is growing worse. California is very liberal and may accept the crystal meth or 1/3 of the US Mexican immigrants from the border; but certainly not Haitians - especially since it just removed the Maximum Family Grant (MFG) and no longer caps welfare benefits for families who have additional children while currently on assistance. Also, refugees and asylum seekers are qualified for Calworks, in the largest welfare state in the nation. Anchor babies galore! Nope; watch how fast they curb this issue and secure TJ and Otay the border, and they are arriving at Yuma AZ too.

Can't continue with distinction in asylum like "wet foot/dry foot policy" like the treatment of Cuban vs. Haitian refugees in Florida. Let these Catholic Haitians join the Catholic poor Hispanics come together Voltron style in a state that is non-Hispanic Whites are already a minority to non-Whites. It will be a turn of the tides like Beirut during the Palestinian influx joining with the native Muslims.

A changing border : Barricades won’t solve tough new challenges at the Southwest frontier

The surge of people from Africa, Asia and the Caribbean who have been trekking in ever-greater numbers across the Americas in hopes of reaching the United States presents the new U.S. administration with a conundrum.

As a more diverse group of immigrants from around the globe seeks to enter the U.S. through the Southwest border, deciding whom to let in — and whom to send back — is getting increasingly complicated.

Many of these new migrants are fleeing faraway conflicts and violent political turmoil; they may have taken arduous journeys and spent their life savings to come to America. But figuring out who is truly fleeing repression and who is actually coming here for economic reasons — as many are — is vexingly difficult, given the increasing numbers and the limited resources available to adjudicate their claims.

Letting in too many people, by lowering the bar for political asylum, will only encourage more people seeking economic opportunity to try to enter the U.S., some immigration experts worry. They note that the U.S. already lets in a million immigrants a year legally and — despite the plight of many who have made treacherous journeys to get here — can’t afford to admit everyone.

About 7,300 people from outside Latin America were apprehended while trying to slip across the southern border in the 11 months ending in August, while an additional 48,000 showed up at official ports of entry without the necessary paperwork and were deemed inadmissible.

When ICE notifies the Catholic Charities Dioceses of San Diego about a Haitian woman and child who are about to be released on humanitarian grounds, there is federal funding available to find them a place to stay or pay for a plane ticket to where they might have friends or family, said Robert Moser, the group’s executive director. The same is not true if the people released are from Nigeria.

“Both have the same needs. Both are coming for the same reasons, but the place of your birth determines what you are eligible for,” Moser said.

In the absence of more generous government policies, he said, aid groups hope that local communities will step in to provide for those in need. (me: Unfortunately, NOT going to happen the the few comments on the LA Times article and from residing here)

“People are going to come no matter what … because their choices are a lot worse if they stay,” Moser said. “If people with good hearts act in a good way, they can be an alternative to hateful rhetoric.”

Haitian immigrants freed in California for lack of jail space

A U.S. government official told The Associated Press that the decision to free Haitians arriving in Arizona and California is in response to a lack of jail space. The official said releasing immigrants with orders to report later to immigration court is a tactic used when detention space is scarce, under certain humanitarian conditions or as part of efforts to keep families together.

Before the Haitians are released, they are subjected to a criminal background and national security check. The official was not authorized to discuss the matter publicly and insisted on speaking on condition of anonymity.

The influx of migrants and lack of jail space on the border will be one of the most immediate immigration challenges for President-elect Donald Trump, whose hard-line rhetoric on the issue won over conservatives and contributed to his historic upset last week. Trump vowed to build a wall on the border and carry out mass deportations.

immigrants-released.jpg

As CBP start apprehending more darker faces that claim "credible fear"; Congress will be at the legislation table surrounding Trump like this:
tumblr_nzrkff83eI1s2f16eo1_400.gif

i dont understand why you are hitting the panic button

the issues of africans, asians and hatians trying to go through mexico is an interesting story, but thats all it is, interesting, at the end of the day they should all get deported

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

the issues of africans, asians and hatians trying to go through mexico is an interesting story, but thats all it is, interesting, at the end of the day they should all get deported

You're the one with the inferiority complex.

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB

I am not hitting the panic button just information sharing as most are not aware. ICE/CBP, State of California, Trump and constituents, especially those along border States are however in an uproar. Again this is nothing that is broadcasted in the news but a hot topic if you live near TJ or Otay or involved in government. White people do not want poor Black immigrants turning America into a Third World country. I am paraphrasing.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
I am not hitting the panic button just information sharing as most are not aware. ICE/CBP, State of California, Trump and constituents, especially those along border States are however in an uproar. Again this is nothing that is broadcasted in the news but a hot topic if you live near TJ or Otay or involved in government. White people do not want poor Black immigrants turning America into a Third World country. I am paraphrasing.

i live near the border, so im aware of the issue, i wouldnt describe it as an uproar, it just puts a different wrinkle on the issue, it doesnt really change anything tho