Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
watch this guy also make the trip from DC to CT

Behind the Wheel, Putting the Tesla to the Test

QUOTE]February 19, 2013
A Most Peculiar Test Drive - Follow Up
By Elon Musk, Chairman, Product Architect & CEO

Yesterday, The New York Times reversed its opinion on the review of our Model S and no longer believes that it was an accurate account of what happened. After investigating the facts surrounding the test drive, the Public Editor agreed that John Broder had “problems with precision and judgment," “took casual and imprecise notes” and made “few conclusions that are unassailable.”

We would like to thank Margaret Sullivan and The New York Times for looking into this matter and thoughtfully considering the public evidence, as well as additional evidence provided on background. A debt of appreciation is also owed to other media outlets, such as CNN, CNBC, and Consumer Reports, who repeated The New York Times test drive at normal highway speeds and comfortable cabin temperatures without ever running out of range.

But, most of all, we would like to thank our customers, who rallied immediately to the defense of Tesla and the electric car revolution, sending hundreds of heartfelt letters of support to The New York Times in the space of a few days! Entirely of their own volition, several customers spent the past holiday weekend recreating the Broder test drive route and showing that it can be done easily using the Tesla Supercharger network on the East Coast. You guys are awesome!

The bottom line is that the Model S combined with Supercharging works well for a long road trip, even in a cold, snowy winter. Nonetheless, we will keep increasing the number of Superchargers, improving the software in the car (via over the air updates), and the technology behind the Supercharger itself. Without people even having to think about it or Tesla having to physically touch the car, the free long distance travel enabled by our Superchargers will steadily improve with each passing month.

Elon

and then these folks doing the same route as the NY times dude. but making it all the way.
Tesla Model S Road Trip: Electric Cars Make It From DC To CT

wow, i wonder what the hell was dude's motivation for lying?

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wow, i wonder what the hell was dude's motivation for lying?

i dont think he lied. i think he literally hated those E cars and what he said happened to him did happen. to some degree. i think to get hits he embellished a bit. but i also believe he didnt drive there like they told him to.

you know you if you use the AC to long it will burn gas/or electricity. if you are going to do that, you have to make sure there's another gas/electric station available before you run out of gas or electricity.

its the same concept. why people act like it isnt is beyond me.

the only difference is that the supercharging stations are much further apart from one another. and it takes much longer to " un " feel up your E-car tank.
But hey you cant have it all. either your say insane cash for not using gas and help out the environment a great deal. this means you have to wait a while before your car charges up. and you have to pay attention to where the nearest station is.

OR choose to go with the status quo. gas car. cry about silly prices going up every year(we're darn near paying $5.00 in L.A. as i type). cry about emissions/green house effects/global warming, and last but not least. cry about the US not having a big enough manufacturing base and needing another boom

you go full throttle with these green cars and see what happens to our economy, to the air quality, and to our wallets and the fact we wont be on the foreign oil breast milk any longer would also help.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
i dont think he lied. i think he literally hated those E cars and what he said happened to him did happen. to some degree. i think to get hits he embellished a bit. but i also believe he didnt drive there like they told him to.

they pretty much caught him driving in circles in a parking lot or some shyt. it was pretty blatant

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they pretty much caught him driving in circles in a parking lot or some shyt. it was pretty blatant

read the quote but also read the entire article.
http://techland.time.com/2013/02/26/lessons-learned-from-the-tesla-motors-new-york-times-dustup/

Tesla’s GPS logs of the trip showed the Model S at one point being driven in circles off a nearly-dead battery in the parking lot of a Supercharger station in Milford, Connecticut. According to Musk, “Instead of plugging in the car, [Broder] drove in circles for over half a mile in a tiny, 100-space parking lot.” Clear evidence of attempted sabotage, right? Musk thought as much and cited the logs as proof.

Not so fast: Broder responded to Tesla’s data release in a third piece on Feb. 14 titled “That Tesla Data: What It Says and What It Doesn’t.” Here’s his explanation for that half-a-mile jaunt:

I drove around the Milford service plaza in the dark looking for the Supercharger, which is not prominently marked. I was not trying to drain the battery. (It was already on reserve power.) As soon as I found the Supercharger, I plugged the car in.

Read more: http://techland.time.com/2013/02/26...a-motors-new-york-times-dustup/#ixzz2M2xw8kf1

and after you read that article. look down at one of the comments on the article. which i agree with

Logic_Wins
2 hours ago
Logical_Thinker presents the only relevant fact of the entire debacle. Border did not "fill up" the energy source! Then he claimed that the system that was in place was insufficient. If he would have filled the battery at each location he could have had a warm cabin temperature, driven with the flow of traffic, probably even done a dew donuts here and there. I also think that a greater portion of readers look to newspapers and magazine articles for their facts. I know very few people who go in search of Academic Articles to find reviews of a car. Modern people hit the blogs and read "your" reviews and take the information given as Fact. It was the duty of John Border to report the facts, not his artistic impression of what happened.

Read more: http://techland.time.com/2013/02/26...a-motors-new-york-times-dustup/#ixzz2M2yZhWyH

as a matter of fact. read all the comments. they are going in on the original article from the ny times as well as the guy who wrote the above piece.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

This fakkit just drove 300 miles on fukking batteries and he was mad he was cold :dead:

Editm guess he needed a tow, this is good though he just found bugs that needed to be fixed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

sounds like those cars ain't built to go in the cold weather.