Starbucks to close US stores for afternoon of 'racial-bias education'

Daps
This the dumbest shyt ever. First it’s been fukk Starbucks way before this. Having said that, how is a company gonna have thousands of employees and have one singular retard and now they’re shutting down 8,000 stores for a day to get all kumbaya on racism?

I hope they suffer huge for this anyway, they’re anti God and pro fakkit company. My local coffee place shyts on Starbucks and plays way better music. Starbucks shyt tastes burnt:scust:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
This the dumbest shyt ever. First it’s been fukk Starbucks way before this. Having said that, how is a company gonna have thousands of employees and have one singular retard and now they’re shutting down 8,000 stores for a day to get all kumbaya on racism?

I hope they suffer huge for this anyway, they’re anti God and pro fakkit company. My local coffee place shyts on Starbucks and plays way better music. Starbucks shyt tastes burnt:scust:

PEETS COFEE>>

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Just don’t let them call the cops on people unless they’re breaking the law or violent.

Seems pretty simple

:manny:

Yeah, the CEO should have KNOWN before hand this manager was going to call the cops, and should have not allowed him/her to do it. :why:

I guess it's good they're at least trying to save face. People have short memories and will probably be back at Starbucks as soon as they reopen.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's better than nothing, which is what usually happens. :kanyebp:

Yeah. I commend the steps the CEO is taking. I doubt any other multinational would respond in a similar fashion. Starbucks’ one day revenues are probably in the 10s of millions.

I don’t think we should malign the company based on the act of one individual especially when management is taking steps to address the situation.

I say this because at my local Starbucks, there is this vagabond who happens to be a black woman. She goes to the store and chills for hours, sometimes she even takes naps. Occasionally, she quietly asks people for money. The baristas have never once harassed her.

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
You can only do so much with background checks and hiring...every now and then if your a big company your going to have a small percentage of terrible people who work for your company unfortunately

They are probably going a little overboard with the pandering though and comes off inauthentic and trying to get brownie points judging by the responses here

I think firing the responsible party with a statement that it doesn't represent the company is sufficient and keep it moving

Now they are just magnifying the incident and getting clowned by Dunkin

And also you gotta be a dumb fukk to blame a whole company for the actions of one employee making like 9 bucks an hour

BoBurnz

Superstar
Daps
In 2018, the notion that one of the biggest companies in the world, Srarbucks, has to close every single one of their shops to engage in "racial sensitivity training" is ludicrously insane. It's like a mother having to take her 10 year old out of class for an afternoon because they keep shytting their pants
This is where we are as a society.

"Post racial" :mjlol: We not even out of segregation. Good that this is happening, but smh that it needed to happen in the first fukking place.

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If it were easy to train people out of unconscious bias it wouldn't be unconscious bias, doesn't even work with police because once removed from a classroom situation it is easy to revert back to default. Are there going to have baristas become exceedingly friendly to black patrons now just to avoid these incidents. It will wear out in a few weeks, like they did not learn from their previous policy of getting baristas to talk about race with customers.