Stone Cold is my GOAT, but...

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
As a kid and growing up my GOAT was always Stone Cold Steve Austin. I don't think any wrestler can ever top that. However, as an adult, I feel like Daniel Bryan has a chance to top him depending on how the rest of his career pans out. I haven't been a fan of a wrestler as much since Austin. The GOATface Killah needs to come byke :wow:

DocZulu

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't agree with your assessment of Bryan's value, but at least, in a different era, Bryan would be given the opportunity to show his worth.

For example, Hart & Michaels had a chance to distance themselves from Rock 'n Wrestling and prove that their value to the industry was unique.

But DB will never be given that opportunity. The Writing Team, the Owner and the Power Couple don't have a cogent plan for the future. And, if they did, it would not include giving wrestlers a chance to become superstars.

Superstars can't be scripted or constrained. They need the freedom to create.

Daniel Bryan has a lot more in common with AJ Styles; i.e. a man who had to leave the states in order to become a self-made man.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Could Danielson top Steve Austin? There are things with Daniel Bryan I've NEVER seen in the history of me watching pro wrestling. These fans overtook the reigns of PPVs they paid money for to get behind this guy when they felt he was being wronged for being too short and not being Cena enough. But that's the problem, isn't it? Bryan could never get to Austin's level because they TELL you that Cena is ahead of everyone...I've never heard anyone be talked about like that. They NEVER TOLD you Hogan ran the Hogan era or that Austin really was the man..the pops and the reactions when they faced everyone else was the proof but they never said it outright like they do with Cena and they've tried to do all kind of sneaky $hit against Bryan. Have his intro during the commercial break to nullify anyone hearing his pop week to week....have him lose to put over a star built up to lose like Wyatt...stuff like that. Last time Bryan was in the ring and it sounded like that was close to it? That crowd IMMEDIATELY CHANTED THANK You, DANIEL like he was their son.

So he doesn't get the opportunity to be Austin but he's in the hearts of fans and that's just not gonna change. Just like it didn't with Eddie.

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Stone Cold was able to draw more then the neckbeard :mark: crowds

comparing the two is laughable and an insult to Austin

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Could Danielson top Steve Austin? There are things with Daniel Bryan I've NEVER seen in the history of me watching pro wrestling. These fans overtook the reigns of PPVs they paid money for to get behind this guy when they felt he was being wronged for being too short and not being Cena enough. But that's the problem, isn't it? Bryan could never get to Austin's level because they TELL you that Cena is ahead of everyone...I've never heard anyone be talked about like that. They NEVER TOLD you Hogan ran the Hogan era or that Austin really was the man..the pops and the reactions when they faced everyone else was the proof but they never said it outright like they do with Cena and they've tried to do all kind of sneaky $hit against Bryan. Have his intro during the commercial break to nullify anyone hearing his pop week to week....have him lose to put over a star built up to lose like Wyatt...stuff like that. Last time Bryan was in the ring and it sounded like that was close to it? That crowd IMMEDIATELY CHANTED THANK You, DANIEL like he was their son.

So he doesn't get the opportunity to be Austin but he's in the hearts of fans and that's just not gonna change. Just like it didn't with Eddie.
Great post. +Rep

• Dap
Reactions: R=G