STRETCH,DUDES,S-T-R-E-T-C-H!

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nahhh...I warm up w/ the bar...but I dont do all those unnecessary stretches.

I see cats jump in the squat rack...and stretch for like 10 minutes looking goofy as hell...and of course they end up squatting 135 :comeon:
I think some of these dudes just like looking like they are about to fukk shyt up.
I never had a problem from not stretching.

Warm up, lift..and hop on the foam roller afterwards.

This is what I do. I also usually do a bit of cardio before I lift, so I am feeling loose anyways.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
It's more important to stretch after than before. I stretch both. Stretch before with resistance, warmup/sweat/get loose, do work, stretch after

on a perfect day, I would warmup and stretch for about 20/30 minutes before and after my actual workout.

I did boxing yesterday, warmed up with cardio for 20 minutes, stretched for another 20 minutes, hit the speedbag for about 20 minutes, went into my boxing workouts, and stretched after. Don't always have that type of time though

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I started doing some after it was suggested on here not that long ago and it's pretty dam good. Got my shoulder feeling good enough to get back to lifting

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I do two poses to open up my hips and that's it. Usually I do some form of squats or deadlifts to actually get loose and then start actually lifting. Stretching just seems to waste time if it's static. For me anyway

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
i work out 4 times a week, do yoga once a week (advanced yoga) and do pre warm ups and post workout cool downs. Out of all my routines,yoga is the one that has me feeling like im 18 years old.

one of the greats in basketball (Hakeem Olajuwon) said if it wasnt for yoga,he wouldnt have been able to play at a high level for so long.

Hell yoga saved scott's hall (razor ramon) life thanks to DDP.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
i work out 4 times a week, do yoga once a week (advanced yoga) and do pre warm ups and post workout cool downs. Out of all my routines,yoga is the one that has me feeling like im 18 years old.

one of the greats in basketball (Hakeem Olajuwon) said if it wasnt for yoga,he wouldnt have been able to play at a high level for so long.

Hell yoga saved scott's hall (razor ramon) life thanks to DDP.

So why don't you do yoga more often then?

Brosef

I respect O.G. knowledge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
A lot of back pain that squatters/ deadlifters have is from the quadratus lumborum

Can be fixed with a simple stretch

Just lean with your back against a wall and reach down to the side of your foot. Hold.