Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (Official Thread)

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Snapple Fact: The first person Manson tried to kill was a black drug dealer named Lotsa Poppa.

He will definitely be in this movie and he will definitely get called a ******...

49 times. Give or take.

"B-b-but it was reflective of the time period the movie was set in brehs. Get over it."

Both Django and Hateful Eight had bottom 5 moments in Film Room history with those threads

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Done with QT

Can't even watch Pulp Fiction anymore. I almost broke up with Sam Jax but somehow I just like him. So I will ignore his part in this.

QT has a real hard on for the word "niqqer". He made a whole movie dedicated to the pursuit of saying it, then followed up with another one in case you missed the first one.

Cool. Do you. And gone head with that shyt. If I see this it will be for free. And I'll probably only watch it so I can talk shyt later about what I didn't like about it.

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
I just think QT is running out of ideas. His last two movies were definitely a step down from his previous material.
Big Leo fan, only thing keeping me somewhat interested in seeing this in theaters.
U didnt like django?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
U didnt like django?
It was cool but Inglorious b*stards was definitely better.
Django was just exactly what you expected, no surprises. I hate that in a movie. Inglorious b*stards had the great and surprising subplot between the movie theater owner and Nazi Officer. That actually made the movie for me.
Also, in Django it seemed at the end Samuel L's character and Jamie Fox's were calling each other Niqqa like on some modern times shyt. Previous to that I stuck up for QT in that regard, but this was kinda proof of his deep seeded fetish. It is off putting.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Dude is old washed and out of shape. Movie will have forced trash dialogue and other subtlties that help you realize Tarantino is over

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Look at you film experts in here tahm bout the greatest living director is over :russ:

I hate nikkas like y’all... movie ain’t even start shooting and y’all talking shyt already... y’all read the script? :ohhh:
Did Spielberg and Scorsese die? :ohhh:
Judging him on his last two movies. :yeshrug:

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
Done with QT

Can't even watch Pulp Fiction anymore. I almost broke up with Sam Jax but somehow I just like him. So I will ignore his part in this.

QT has a real hard on for the word "niqqer". He made a whole movie dedicated to the pursuit of saying it, then followed up with another one in case you missed the first one.

Cool. Do you. And gone head with that shyt. If I see this it will be for free. And I'll probably only watch it so I can talk shyt later about what I didn't like about it.

It was cool but Inglorious b*stards was definitely better.
Django was just exactly what you expected, no surprises. I hate that in a movie. Inglorious b*stards had the great and surprising subplot between the movie theater owner and Nazi Officer. That actually made the movie for me.
Also, in Django it seemed at the end Samuel L's character and Jamie Fox's were calling each other Niqqa like on some modern times shyt. Previous to that I stuck up for QT in that regard, but this was kinda proof of his deep seeded fetish. It is off putting.

I think y'all might be wrong about tarantina..

I'm not defending the guy :whoa: so chill... He could be aan undercover raging racist for all I know.. But I don't think he is..

I used to feel the same way about his excessive use of the word nikka in his movies... But i heard a long interview with him on XM radio a few years ago and he got into his childhood and shyt.. Turns out he was raised by a single mom who preferred to date black dudes. And when he was a kid sometimes his moms boyfriend (a black dude) would take him out around town (probably around nikkaz) , toss a ball with him and take him to the movies (probably black movies with black audiences)

I'm not saying this gives him a pass but when he said that I was like okay :jbhmm: ..that sorta makes sense why he seems to.be so obsessed with nikka shyt in his movies. Maybe he feels like he is one through osmosis idk :manny:

He did say something about always wanting to make a movie about slavery with nikkaz kicking ass in it

You can say what you want but most nikkaz thought Django was entertaining as fukk :francis:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I think y'all might be wrong about tarantina..

I'm not defending the guy :whoa: so chill... He could be aan undercover raging racist for all I know.. But I don't think he is..

I used to feel the same way about his excessive use of the word nikka in his movies... But i heard a long interview with him on XM radio a few years ago and he got into his childhood and shyt.. Turns out he was raised by a single mom who preferred to date black dudes. And when he was a kid sometimes his moms boyfriend (a black dude) would take him out around town (probably around nikkaz) , toss a ball with him and take him to the movies (probably black movies with black audiences)

I'm not saying this gives him a pass but when he said that I was like okay :jbhmm: ..that sorta makes sense why he seems to.be so obsessed with nikka shyt in his movies. Maybe he feels like he is one through osmosis idk :manny:

He did say something about always wanting to make a movie about slavery with nikkaz kicking ass in it

You can say what you want but most nikkaz thought Django was entertaining as fukk :francis:
Yeah, I don't think he's racist at all. He put Pam Grier in a starring role like decades past her prime. He always has Black people in his movies. But I think it's like a stalker, he loves Black people to the point he can't bear the proper relationship to them. His interest love of Black people and Black culture is warped. Plus his movies are not as good as they used to be so it is harder to look past it.
I mean I hope this movie is a comeback for him. I got no problem with him being successful. But just calling a spade a spade, he's got issues when it comes to us.