Teaching opportunities in Africa?

HideoKojima

DOOM, all capitals, no trick spellin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Georgia, Home of the trillest
I'm graduating college in a year and a half with a degree in education(concentration in science and language arts) and am wondering what the teaching outlook looking like, I wanna do a year or two overseas as debt to the world y'know. I know I can get a gig fairly easy here in Georgia but something outside the U.S would be nice. Y'know, To say I did something as a citizen of the world. I know there's several job openings to teach English in Asia(China and Thailand) but any African countries? I know there's quite a few growing countries in Africa. I wanna teach in a place that's black and developing like Ethiopia or Nigeria. Help the young black youth :blessed:

wheywhey

Pro
Daps
I'm just writing random ideas.

Your best bet would be working through a charity, religious perhaps. Peace Corps will not let you choose the country. Plus, women in the Peace Corps routinely get raped (probably a few men too) and all have items stolen from them.

In the book Migrations of the Heart (1983), Marita Golden talks about teaching at the University of Lagos. However, she was married to a Nigerian at the time.

You can work at a swanky international school but that would hardly be giving back.

I want to teach in Cuba, which is now a black country. However, as a US citizen I don't see that happening. I don't have any particular skill or training but the Cuban teachers aren't even showing up to class.

HideoKojima

DOOM, all capitals, no trick spellin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Georgia, Home of the trillest
I'm just writing random ideas.

Your best bet would be working through a charity, religious perhaps. Peace Corps will not let you choose the country. Plus, women in the Peace Corps routinely get raped (probably a few men too) and all have items stolen from them.

In the book Migrations of the Heart (1983), Marita Golden talks about teaching at the University of Lagos. However, she was married to a Nigerian at the time.

You can work at a swanky international school but that would hardly be giving back.

I want to teach in Cuba, which is now a black country. However, as a US citizen I don't see that happening. I don't have any particular skill or training but the Cuban teachers aren't even showing up to class.
Peace corps is forking over your life for two years without pay :snoop: so my idea is basically dead:sadcam: