Teixeira: I'm ready to fight for the title

PHamm

Superstar
Daps
I know alot of you guys live and breath mma and love the fights and everything, but you gotta remember there's more to this than the actual fighting and skill. The business end is equally important. without the business end, there would be no ufc it will fail and die, just like a lot of other former mma acts.

Struve/Jones makes even less since from a business standpoint.

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Struve/Jones makes even less since from a business standpoint.

If you think that then your a complete idiot and clearly dont know the business history of the UFC/MMA. What you wanna do put Jones again Cain in his 1st fight at HW, and say Cain wins. Now you have deflated the ppv draw of your lhw champ, cnt bill him as the undefeated champ. Also if he gets badly beaten by cain may be out for awhile so now the LHW belt is tied up.

Then you have the really bad chance that Jones beats cain decidedly. This is bad as then there's no real call for an immediate rematch and now your lhw champ has both belts tied up. so now instead of having 1 ppv with the hw belt on line and another with lhw belt up, so you can double ur money. Jones won't be able to fight that often. Your going to have to put an interim champ at lhw, and clearly there isnt a top draw in the top 10 rankings currently at the level of Jones.

We all want these super fights, and Dana white always says he wants them, but really he has only done it a couple times, look how long every1 been waiting for that gsp vs silva match. Dana put gsp and silva against ne1 possible till one of them lost just not to do it. Reason because it just doesnt make sense business wide. You make money on 1 big fight but potentially can lose many more in the months after with lack of champions to top cards. there is a reason why Dana put Silva vs irvin, and then against Forrest instead of throwing em in there against Rashad or Rampage at that time.

PHamm

Superstar
Daps
If you think that then your a complete idiot and clearly dont know the business history of the UFC/MMA. What you wanna do put Jones again Cain in his 1st fight at HW, and say Cain wins. Now you have deflated the ppv draw of your lhw champ, cnt bill him as the undefeated champ. Also if he gets badly beaten by cain may be out for awhile so now the LHW belt is tied up.

Then you have the really bad chance that Jones beats cain decidedly. This is bad as then there's no real call for an immediate rematch and now your lhw champ has both belts tied up. so now instead of having 1 ppv with the hw belt on line and another with lhw belt up, so you can double ur money. Jones won't be able to fight that often. Your going to have to put an interim champ at lhw, and clearly there isnt a top draw in the top 10 rankings currently at the level of Jones.

We all want these super fights, and Dana white always says he wants them, but really he has only done it a couple times, look how long every1 been waiting for that gsp vs silva match. Dana put gsp and silva against ne1 possible till one of them lost just not to do it. Reason because it just doesnt make sense business wide. You make money on 1 big fight but potentially can lose many more in the months after with lack of champions to top cards. there is a reason why Dana put Silva vs irvin, and then against Forrest instead of throwing em in there against Rashad or Rampage at that time.

I think you've set a record for most number of wack posts in one thread .

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Also, for an example on potentially lost money, look back with Bj faced GSP. He won the lightweight belt in may 2008, didnt fight again till jan 2009 at welterweight against GSP, after that bad loss had to take some time off and fought at lightweight again in August 2009. So from May 2008 to August 2009 the lightweight belt was on hold, thats a lot of lost revenue there.

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
lol what ? so because I think Struve/Bones is a wack fight, I'm broke and ignorant ? :russ::heh:

u didnt say it would be a whack fight, in your post actually u crack head. u said it made no sense from a business standpoint when it actually does. As you get to bill Jones on top of ppv card, get sum good revenue in, while a tru no1 contender with some hype around him builds up with casual fans. While, alot of the other weight classes have been getting a strong youth injection, the lhw class which is usually one of the marquee divisions is starting to fall behind.

PHamm

Superstar
Daps
u didnt say it would be a whack fight, in your post actually u crack head. u said it made no sense from a business standpoint when it actually does. As you get to bill Jones on top of ppv card, get sum good revenue in, while a tru no1 contender with some hype around him builds up with casual fans. While, alot of the other weight classes have been getting a strong youth injection, the lhw class which is usually one of the marquee divisions is starting to fall behind.

youre an idiot. thank god you aren't employed by the UFC. you would lead them straight into bankruptcy.

still amazed this clown thinks struve/bones makes sense in anyway.

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
youre an idiot. thank god you aren't employed by the UFC. you would lead them straight into bankruptcy.

still amazed this clown thinks struve/bones makes sense in anyway.

i actually am partially employed by the UFC, for marketing and promo for UFC in Canada. I also have a masters in marketing, so I do know a lil something about business n making money.

PHamm

Superstar
Daps
i actually am partially employed by the UFC, for marketing and promo for UFC in Canada. I also have a masters in marketing, so I do know a lil something about business n making money.

Bravo. You're comments were still absurd. If you ever get promoted to match maker please let me know so I can stop watching