Tesla Energy is Getting Serious – A Battery Powered World?

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
In this thread people dont recognize unclaimed and undiscovered lithium reserves exist

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
The problem with geotermal for example is I think an issue of efficiency and cost vs benefits. You're not generating enough usuable energy without using expensive systems. Same with the other two. Thorium from what I've read in the past is promising but I forget off hand what the limitations were for that one.

By the way, I wasn't able to watch the video yet but I saw someone bad talking batteries and my reflexes kicked in. Going to watch it when I'm at home. The most interesting thing about my major to me is the study of power and power systems so definitely want to check that out.

The only downside to thorium reactors is the fact that the medium is in its infancy and the fact that the chinese own the marketplace

A us design firm gabe up on the development and made the plans open source if u will

Only the chinese are the primary investors and they are seeing most of the testing done in their country...US takes another L

Daps
Geothermal energy seems to be impractical on a large scale. Tidal is expensive as fukk. Nuclear has too much politics surrounding it.
Regarding thermal, doesn't everything start off expensive though. It would just be a matter of research, innovation and scale, as with most things, right?