The Banks control the money supply, not the Federal Reserve

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The Fed uses interest rates, reserve ratios and open market operations to manipulate the money supply. There's $3 trillion dollars in the American Economy right now that was printed by the Fed. There's $50 trillion dollars worth of debt created by banks. The Fed isn't "shutting down" anything for any long duration of time. Who are you fooling? Our entire way of life is predicated on easy and undisturbed access to large amounts of debt (again, $50 trillion dollars worth) :stopitslime: bringing the entire thing back full circle :stopitslime:
it's not like banks just lend money to anyone. a bank isn't going to lend you money unless they're reasonably sure you're going to be able to pay it off. They run credit reports, fico scores, they look at credit card debt, collateral, co-borrowers, etc. I don't really know what you're arguing here, we need banks to lend money to people otherwise most people couldn't afford a car, a house or any other big purchases outright.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Purposefully misunderstanding me, I said al the thing the fed CAN do not WILL do.
But yeah, let you cook. Enjoy your newly acquired info.

Says more about your competence level if anything since you're having difficulties explaining yourself to someone with "newly acquired info". You're talking about theories that have no real world basis. Why would the Fed freeze lending in a quickly growing cashless society that lives and dies by debt :russ: We depend on debt! Since debt is king and banks issue debt, banks wield a massive amount of control over the money supply or what Americans think is "money". People WAY SMARTER than you have said this. The nerve of you acting like you know more than billionaires and other members of the financial elite :mjlol: And no, this is not public knowledge. The average person doesn't know the difference between a commercial bank and an investment bank.

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
Says more about your competence level if anything since you're having difficulties explaining yourself to someone with "newly acquired info". You're talking about theories that have no real world basis. Why would the Fed freeze lending in a quickly growing cashless society that lives and dies by debt :russ:

Again another misquote and misunderstanding - I never said the fed will freeze lending, you really don't get this.

We depend on debt! Since debt is king and banks issue debt, banks wield a massive amount of control over the money supply or what Americans think is "money". People WAY SMARTER than you have said this. The nerve of you acting like you know more than billionaires and other members of the financial elite :mjlol: And no, thisg is not public knowledge. The average person doesn't know the difference between a commercial bank and an investment bank.

You're upset with the debt level, the fed sets the amount of debt banks can issue, they set the reserve requirements. The fed controls this. Your issue should be with the fed not the banks. The fed wants the banks to issue that much debt. Simple