The Boston Celtics drafted Jaylen Brown then a year later drafted Jayson Tatum. They currently have the best record in the NBA

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Danny Ainge wanted to trade Jaylen for Porzingis. He was trying to get more picks to send in the deal, because Phil Jackson liked Markannen and wanted to move up. Dolan didnt want to do it.

A lot times, luck is the key.

Golden State signed Deandre Jordan to an offer sheet that got matched. They wanted to sign Dwight and he declined. If any of those things happen, they dont have their championship run

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
In 2016 Boston had the 3rd pick they used it to draft Jaylen brown

In 2017 they had the 3rd pick again and used it to draft Tatum

What’s the significance?

In both those drafts the lakers had the second pic and completely fumbled.

Thats all
Philly had the first pick in both of those Drafts. Got Ben Simmons and Markelle Fultz. They fumbled.

Imagine Embiid, Tatum, Brown.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Philly had the first pick in both of those Drafts. Got Ben Simmons and Markelle Fultz. They fumbled.

Imagine Embiid, Tatum, Brown.
:mjtf:Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, imagine if they did not let that Embiid, Simmons, Butler, Reddikk, Harris group go. On my life that team was their shot. Run that ish back and assuming Kahwi left just the same, they get their chip. Philly fumbled back to back.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
That's two superstar level talents to the collective...1(?) from the Lakers series of picks? You got BIngram who is a pretty confounding player in terms of his place in the league and on his own team, Randle who's the definition of up and down then DLo as the best things to show from that half decade of ineptitude.

When you look at Jaylen Brown's growth though, that's what having a stable franchise will do for you. Lakers aren't that and those aforementioned three players haven't gotten to be in that type scenario yet, other than Randle these last couple years. There's definitely a world where Brown ends up on somewhere like Sacramento and his ceiling became 3 and D guy that didn't get the dedicated looks to become a better ball handler or grow out of his tendencies.

collateral.

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
The Celtics were the ones who were “light years” ahead of everyone else, and it very apparent today. The Nuggets got lucky with Jokic, but Danny Ainge had the correct foresight to draft down and grab Tatum @ 3 in 2017. A lot of teams would’ve done the obvious and kept the #1 and drafted Fultz and be fukked today. It pains me to admit that all of the Celtics fortunes comes at the expense of my Nets and it only intensifies my burning hatred for that franchise :mjcry:

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
To me, a fumble is when you took the wrong pick or you got duped into making a pick that you may not've been completely sold on. Boston finessed Philly with the Fultz situation. However, you can't not take Ben Simmons. Simmons was the best prospect available by leaps and bounds. There's not a world where you don't take BPA as a tanking team, esp when he's the closest thing to a playmaker out of the other choices. It didn't work out, but that was the right draft choice 15 times out of 10

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
The Celtics were the ones who were “light years” ahead of everyone else, and it very apparent today. The Nuggets got lucky with Jokic, but Danny Ainge had the correct foresight to draft down and grab Tatum @ 3 in 2017. A lot of teams would’ve done the obvious and kept the #1 and drafted Fultz and be fukked today. It pains me to admit that all of the Celtics fortunes comes at the expense of my Nets and it only intensifies my burning hatred for that franchise :mjcry:
If they ever get a ring out of it, that Tatum finesse is probably one of the 5-10 best moves Boston's ever made. What If Celtics, 76ers Never Made 2017 NBA Draft Trade?

Got Tatum out of it obv, but they also used Langford (the other pick from the deal) to pad out the Derrick White trade. You essentially got two dudes who perform at a top 5 level in the playoffs positionally for Fultz who isn't even a guy. Philly prob got more chances to get it right than anyone has ever had (maybe ever, literally) so you can't feel bad for them, but Fultz ending up being what he's become is just a shytty hand to get dealt. It's worse that the dude's career just doesn't flatline, it's like a slow trend downward with the occasional "oh shyt he just dropped 25 points and 7 assists before getting hurt again for 2 weeks" :francis:

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Funny thing is Lakers did win a championship since 2016, unlike Celtics. Yes you can argue it was won in a neutral arena without fans, but it's still better than winning no championship.

The Celtics have built a nice squad around those two, but it's time for them to prove it and win it all. They had no business failing against Miami last year, but they still did. Coulda been epic series against Denver.