The DR. ỌBÁDÉLÉ KAMBON thread

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Dr. Ọbádélé Kambon completed his PhD in Linguistics at the University of Ghana in 2012 winning the Vice Chancellor's award for Best PhD in the Humanities. He is currently a Research Fellow in the Language, Literature and Drama section of the Institute of African Studies at UG. His research interests include Nominalization of Serial Verbs, Historical Linguistics, Second Language Migration, African Language Teaching and Pedagogy, and Indigenous African Combat and Militaristic Traditions.

Kambon criticizing use of European languages in Ghana:

Kambon lecturing on the origins of African thought:

Kambon providing combat training :

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is crazy af to me because I started watching his videos recently.

Im really interested in African Philosophy especially practical philosophy that can be used in daily life. If anyone has other suggestions please let me know.

Last edited:

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ive listened to I his class room lectures up to number 4 I think. He dropped some good gems throughout.

1. The complementary nature of things vs european philosophy something being better the than the other.
2. How african philosophy recognized the circular nature of things. Like star movement, time, and life itself
3. He also talked about how to try and understand things by breaking them down into parts you do understand. Ex: they may not understand how certain things are formed but you do know how life is formed on some level ie. seed is fertilized then cell divide and grows. So you take that framework for other aspects. Or at least that's how I understood it:pachaha:

And his interviews are sticky worthy

Last edited: