Religion/Spirituality The Intelligent Design/God/Theism Thread

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean i was just thinking about it randomly today and the ridiculous amounts of events that had to happen for earth to be formed and life to exist is simply mind boggling.

I mean the statistical odds alone are just...:francis:

Im not saying creationism is also the way to go but i feel any scientist worth his salt should not dismiss ANY possibilities :yeshrug:

i mean like at every step of the big bang theory for earths creation theres massive room for error and im supposed to believe this all went down perfectly at every step :francis:

i mean cmon son :francis:

and its not like you get a do over at every step, if only 1 step is off you gotta start over and wait for the galaxy to implode on itself and create another big bang or whatever :francis:

i mean im no scientist or anything but as a regular joe this just seems fishy to put all our faith in this type of theory :yeshrug:

what yall think brehs?

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:yeshrug:

no one was there so we really don't know but creationism if you go by the bible is just silly. Then they try to use our new understanding of science to fit the narrative of that story.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
We aren't supposed to blindly accept the Big Bang. Scientists actively look for evidence of the big bang as well as test out theories that would either refute the Big Bang or potentially change the way we view the birth of the universe. When creationism is touted as a fallacy, it's the claims within creationism (ie: the age of Earth and the universe is much older and we know that and can prove it). Here's a link to evidence supporting the big bang and explanations of why...

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/astronomy/bigbang.html#evidence

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Everything that exists was created. All organic life is created by something else. Just seems like creation makes the most sense.

Fervid

Largest Member
Daps
theory.jpg

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I mean i was just thinking about it randomly today and the ridiculous amounts of events that had to happen for earth to be formed and life to exist is simply mind boggling.

I mean the statistical odds alone are just...:francis:

Im not saying creationism is also the way to go but i feel any scientist worth his salt should not dismiss ANY possibilities :yeshrug:

i mean like at every step of the big bang theory for earths creation theres massive room for error and im supposed to believe this all went down perfectly at every step :francis:

i mean cmon son :francis:

and its not like you get a do over at every step, if only 1 step is off you gotta start over and wait for the galaxy to implode on itself and create another big bang or whatever :francis:

i mean im no scientist or anything but as a regular joe this just seems fishy to put all our faith in this type of theory :yeshrug:

what yall think brehs?
when you think of the trillions upon trillions of planets and stars out the the odds that something weird would happen do start to go up. so it isnt that hard to believe

in our particular planet, molecules do "strange" things relative the rest of the universe

IE on i think a moon of jupiter it has many of the same characteristics except instead of water it has gaseous, liquid, and solid methane all existing on the planet in some shape or form

water is a funky molecule to begin with, and oxygen is also a funky molecule. The chemistry just works out at this particular arrangement for organics to start forming spontaneously

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
when you think of the trillions upon trillions of planets and stars out the the odds that something weird would happen do start to go up. so it isnt that hard to believe

in our particular planet, molecules do "strange" things relative the rest of the universe

IE on i think a moon of jupiter it has many of the same characteristics except instead of water it has gaseous, liquid, and solid methane all existing on the planet in some shape or form

water is a funky molecule to begin with, and oxygen is also a funky molecule. The chemistry just works out at this particular arrangement for organics to start forming spontaneously

can you elaborate on that breh?

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
can you elaborate on that breh?
water has pretty unique structure (bent) compared to many other small stable molecules

there arent many naturally occuring molecules with a dipole like water(only other one that comes to mind is H2S)

water alone drives alot of molecules to form here that wouldnt form elsewhere, thermodynamics that only happen with water etc