The NFL has a California Crisis On Their Hands

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Niccas still say 'homies in the hood' out here:gucci: And hell yeah the Rams got a benefit from the 'casual push' out here. And that 13 years was real shyt. I always got my Raider gear but it was rather sporadic during those down years.. Plus we got a huge "NWA push" from back in the days as well. Lets keep it 100, not everybody rockin' Raiders shyt was REAL Raider fans as well:francis:. You had a lot of cats like Snoop going from the Raiders, to Pittsburgh, to USC, to Dallas, to the Niners, and back to the Raiders again.

you somewhat right, it did get a push as of late, the straight outta Compton movie helped as well too. during that 13 years though i would still say they were the most popular nfl team in the region. it's always been normal as hell to be driving and see Mexicans with the raider decals on cars and shyt, you went anywhere on a game day and you were bound to see people in raiders shyt. you right you see more fans than ever now, but it wasn't like raiders fans were unheard of during that 13 years.

jwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Niners will be back soon enough with this new regime. No more cheap ass retarded Baalke.

Qb situation will be solved next year and expect O line changes. The defense is playing solid also.

I've been very critical of the Niners and it was warranted. I see a vast improvement on the horizo.

This season will be wack but it's just the first year with a complete overhaul so I didn't expect much.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
wouldn't this be the perfect reason to develop a dome stadium
nah, they just need to do what Miami did.

maxresdefault.jpg

Which BTW, was all paid for by the OWNER and not the city.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
nah, they just need to do what Miami did.

maxresdefault.jpg

Which BTW, was all paid for by the OWNER and not the city.

I'm not a guy that knows too much about the logistics or whatever, but why do teams such as ourselves (Jags) and cold weather teams that have extreme weather conditions of hot and cold insist on not making domes? What's the downside? Even for non-sporting events a dome makes too much sense.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Y'all are really conflating hardcore fans with those who go to games. Candlestick didn't have this issue, yes the fukkery of the yorks plus losing plus the move hurt...but prices are killing people too. I come across/know a lot of hard core niner fans, but they're also not the types to have 125/ticket + 50 miles of gas +$50 for parking type money to want to roll down to Santa Clara. Levi was not built with football or football fans in mind.

And the bay ain't built for the average joe no more due to the overwhelming number of transplants the past 15 years has brought. SF/the bay doesn't have the advantage of NY's population paired with its core density where you can have this number of transplants and yet still have a huge native population in the core cities. Sf, the peninsula, and Oakland are transplant havens, the native population that does stick around is pushed out, further exacerbating the unwillingness to make it to games.
49ers tickets been cheap for past 2 years im not sure whre you are getting $125/ticket for ..you been could buy 3-4 tickets for $125 :mjlol:

candlestick was dope

levis is not

the issue is a bad product + bad location .. you cant have both, its just that simple. They become a super bowl talent team again (not for another decade at least), people will go. Until then, while they put out a 3-13 caliber team the next few years, attendance will only continue to go down. They can offer $5 seats, it wont matter.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I'm not a guy that knows too much about the logistics or whatever, but why do teams such as ourselves (Jags) and cold weather teams that have extreme weather conditions of hot and cold insist on not making domes? What's the downside? Even for non-sporting events a dome makes too much sense.
For a lotta teams with legacies that involve the temperatures such as the Packers (this can apply to the entire North really) or the Eagles, they really dont have an option to use a dome at this point. Itd hurt the franchise

Now Im under the belief every stadium in the South should be in a dome, because while the heat does dry players out faster, it just makes it ungodly unbearable for the fans. Its not like players wont be tired enough from just being out there in the heat getting into the stadium lol

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Mostly tradition, and home field advantage.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx

Domes cost a lot of money, especially retractable roofs.

Also playing indoors neutralizes whatever advantages the elements gives you.