Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - Manchester United Save Football - FA Cup Winners 2023/24

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I forgot about Ancelotti lol. My dumb ass was thinking about Mbappe the player.

I'm not convinced about playing him in the center tho, it seems counter productive. Especially with the way how La Liga teams like to sit deep.

Again we'll see if he's really a team player, Madrid isn't PSG and he won't get his way just because of who he is.

Mbappe has played centrally quite a bit this season. He's kinda accepted that he'll have to adapt himself even tho he doesn't like it and wants to play off a target. As Carlo doesn't do a real structure when attacking he's the only coach who can make it work that will allow Mbappe and Vini to have freer roles. Helps that Camavinga Valverde and Jude have the engines to do the job of 2 players.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I don't see how Mbappe fits in Madrid with Vini hugging that LW and Rodrygo wanting it.

I just don't see him playing Centrally.
The three will probably just rotate across the front line in a fluid manner. Sometimes Vini will strike, Mbappe on the left and Rodrygo on the right and vice versa.
If it was 2–0 I'd say Dortmund were straight; 1-0 I think PSG will still make it.
I think Dortmund is good enough for a draw in Paris.

Hope Don Carlo cardiologist is ready for next season. Managing Mbappe, Jude and Vini is gonna be stress.
Nah, the one thing about Real Madrid I’ve always liked is that the club’s hierarchy doesn’t play with that star power thing. I remember one time Rodrygo was getting sassy when Don Carlo subbed him off and the Brazilian got an earful.

Bernabeau is not the Parc de Prince.

Last edited:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
The three will probably just rotate across the front line in a fluid manner. Sometimes Vini will strike, Mbappe on the left and Rodrygo on the right and vice versa.

I think Dortmund is good enough for a draw in Paris.

Nah, the one thing about Real Madrid I’ve always liked is that the club’s hierarchy doesn’t play with that star power thing. I remember one time Rodrygo was getting sassy when Don Carlo subbed him off and the Brazilian got an earful.

Bernabeau is not Parc de Prince.

This is true but Madrid have not had 100m players become a problem because they occupied different spaces. Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo and sometimes Raul could coexist. Benzema was unselfish enough to let Ronaldo play the way he played.

But now you got Vini and Mbappe who both love that left side. Mbappe tries but he's half the player he is when he's central. Not to mention Jude has had fun this season because the lack of striker has allowed him to take up attacking positions that wouldn't be available with a good #9 in place. It's going to be interesting.

Vini probably gets sold after 1 season.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
English breh's

How come Welsh teams can play in England but Scottish and Irish teams can't?

To my understanding Welsh teams "had no choice" cause there was no league in Wales back then, as for Scotland I'm not sure if they "can't", it's just that they got their own shyt, also I don't see Celtic applying for the Premier League and being cool with starting off in the lowest division. And Ireland is its own nation

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
But now you got Vini and Mbappe who both love that left side. Mbappe tries but he's half the player he is when he's central.
I still think they make it work. Even this season we’ve seen Vini play more centrally to good effect. Mbappe gonna learn to evolve his game.

Not to mention Jude has had fun this season because the lack of striker has allowed him to take up attacking positions that wouldn't be available with a good #9 in place. It's going to be interesting.
A lot of Jude’s goals have been runs from a deeper position a la his recent goal against Barca. When he’s actually playing as a False 9 he’s poor.

Vini probably gets sold after 1 season.
Nah, can’t see this happening. If anything, Rodrygo is the odd man out.