Thrice in a Lifetime?: DC Eyeing Cena as Shazam [Rumor]

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Pre-production on Warner Bros.’ Shazamis underway, and so is the search for the titular superhero and his alter-ego Billy Batson. ThatHashtagShow reports the studio is zeroing in on an actor for Shazam himself and has also drafted a description for both Billy’s character and the overall film.

According to the report, Warner Bros. is eyeing WWE superstar John Cena and Galavant alum Joshua Sasse as frontrunners for the role of Shazam. As the report points out, Sasse isn’t as well known Cena, though he has appeared in television shows like No Tomorrow, Rogue and The Neighbors. Nevertheless, this would give Sasse the opportunity to truly define the role as a relative newcomer. On the other hand, Cena — who recently appeared in a comedic role for Amy Schumer’s Trainwreck and will star in the Transformers spinoff Bumblebee — brings with him an established fanbase that could become a potential audience for Shazam.

REPORT: Shazam Eyeing Cena, Sasse; Billy Batson Character Bio Revealed

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
john-cena-aa-fu-the-rock-o.gif

reigun

Superstar
Daps
Feels like the typical DC rumor where someone fans casted gets rumored for the role by enthusiast blogs and then the casting happens and we see it's someone else and WB never wanted the person from the original rumor.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mississauga
Feels like the typical DC rumor where someone fans casted gets rumored for the role by enthusiast blogs and then the casting happens and we see it's someone else and WB never wanted the person from the original rumor.

Possibly.. But nah. I remember 2 years ago some websites were photoshopping Shazam's suit onto Cena. This is where the sites start fantasizing...

This Is What John Cena Would Look Like As Shazam
shazcenax-161797.jpg

Heck, even wwe.com posted an article about Cena as shazam John Cena as DC Comics' Shazam?!

But now reports are coming out

This report is the first legitimate report i've seen come out about Cena as Shazam.

reigun

Superstar
Daps
Possibly.. But nah. I remember 2 years ago some websites were photoshopping Shazam's suit onto Cena. This is where the sites start fantasizing...

This Is What John Cena Would Look Like As Shazam
shazcenax-161797.jpg

Heck, even wwe.com posted an article about Cena as shazam John Cena as DC Comics' Shazam?!

But now reports are coming out

This report is the first legitimate report i've seen come out about Cena as Shazam.
But that's what I'm saying. Most of the sites reporting it are fansites that report on basically any casting news. All the sites reporting it are citing some unknown site with almost no rep.

Same thing happened with Bryan Cranston and Denzel Washington as Luthor. People kept reporting fan wishes and heresay from sites. Then, Jesse Eisenberg gets the role and it's revealed neither of Cranston nor Washington were even spoken to about the role.

Rule of thumb: If it aint being reported by the big Hollywood trades like Hollywood Reporter or Variety, it's probably :duck:

Last edited:

Cheech&Chong

rip chinx
Daps
Reppin
hes pretty much rock status, he'll be full time movies soon. I think his bread and butter will be super hero movies so this is believable

Metal Face

Superstar
Daps
Bro I don't fukking care lmao give him this role.
This is a Rock/Cena sequel I wanna see.

Last edited: