To the people who believe Silva threw the fight:

The Infamous

Vocabulary.spills.I'm.ill
Daps

The above videos show that the fight was anything but a fix.

There is no way Anderson threw that fight. Why would he risk tarnishing his legacy? Something that Silva has taken a long time to build. Plus, he loses out on millions [purse money, PPV cut and possibly sponsor-ships]. Finally, Silva is the not only the face of MMA in Brazil, he's the biggest sports star along with Neymar [in Brazil]. Why would he throw all that away? Another point is, if Anderson really wanted to lose, he would've tapped to the leg lock attempt by Weidman.

Silva always takes huge risks in fights [keeping his hands down, taunting his opponent, allowing himself to get hit, etc.]. Being that he is the best fighter on the planet, it's worked out for him so far. However, in this fight, he paid the ultimate price. You could only do what he was doing for so long before getting caught. His antics, one of the major reasons why he is so great, pretty much cost him this fight. I'm not discounting Weidman's performance because he fought great and capitalized on a timely opportunity.

We need to put these' he threw the fight' statements to rest.

Last edited:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
oHpce.gif

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
I'm a boxing fan first and foremost so fights get fixed everyday b, mma is no different.

I will say this though, Silva got that work in round 1 and I think his "clowning" and keeping his hands down although he does it in every fight he was doing it extra in round 2 to prevent the takedown.

I like Silva and my mma brehs tells me his defense has always been top notch but I just don't see it. I think it has more to do with mma fighters bad striking more than anything, one of the first thing you learn in boxing is to NEVER pull straight back or leave you chin out like that. Silva got away with it for so long on good reflexes and for the most part all mma fighters throw is the 1,2 and reset and maybe a kick here and there. The best thing Weidman did was throw that combination you can get away from the 1,2 pulling straight back but if more is coming you are going to have a bad time and he did.

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
I'm a boxing fan first and foremost so fights get fixed everyday b, mma is no different.

I will say this though, Silva got that work in round 1 and I think his "clowning" and keeping his hands down although he does it in every fight he was doing it extra in round 2 to prevent the takedown.

I like Silva and my mma brehs tells me his defense has always been top notch but I just don't see it. I think it has more to do with mma fighters bad striking more than anything, one of the first thing you learn in boxing is to NEVER pull straight back or leave you chin out like that. Silva got away with it for so long on good reflexes and for the most part all mma fighters throw is the 1,2 and reset and maybe a kick here and there. The best thing Weidman did was throw that combination you can get away from the 1,2 pulling straight back but if more is coming you are going to have a bad time and he did.

Exactly. MMA fighters rarely throw traditional combinations like youd see in boxing. Mostly because of other things(kicks, takedowns etc) but Silva bobbed and weaved the same way and wasnt expecting Weidman to come back to that side. Most fighters would throw a 1,2 and follow with leg kick or another right. Anderson was feeling himself way too much. Props to Chris for watching film and peeping Anderson's defensive habits

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Fight thrown because the divion is cleared out and needs time to establish new contenders. Anderson took one for the team. Rematch payper view buys will be nice for this fight.

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Fight thrown because the divion is cleared out and needs time to establish new contenders. Anderson took one for the team. Rematch payper view buys will be nice for this fight.

You keep repeating the same nonsense. Why is it so hard for you(2) to believe that Anderson got caught fukking around and paid the price.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

In Weidman training camp he was preparing for Anderson and his fooling around. He really wasn't scared of the spider

BezO

Highbrow
Daps
Reppin
NYC -> DC
I didn't see the fight, only highlights. I hated that he clowned his way to a loss.

I never thought about him throwing the fight until I read this thread, but who knows?

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
You keep repeating the same nonsense. Why is it so hard for you(2) to believe that Anderson got caught fukking around and paid the price.
I dont know. Probably has something to do with him being anderson the spider silva.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
I don't think he fixed the fight but he gotta stop going in there and playing chicken with these dudes.