Toughest training you ever had

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
If you only train your strengths you might panic when youre put in a bad position, gassing out, then being murdered.

Gotta get comfortable under pressure till your escapes and defenses are robotic yet able to adjust.

If ive been on a layoff i always come back and start sparring in side control just to get used to the pressure again. Earn the dominant position. Its a great way to train.

You dont have to worry about much when your defense is on point.

Glad you realized that. Nothing sadder then a dude constantly tapping out to claustrophobia. Just breath, get your hands where they need to be and start workinf your escapes

You really only need to train bjj 3 days a week minimum.
Getting that dominant position is what they stress, it's funny that you say that. About claustrophobia, I recall talking you about that in the beginning of the year, I would practice relaxing and breathing with my head in a pillow case while sprawled on the floor, with wifey sitting on my back and holding the case tight. My teammates now will randomly put me in certain holds while we are are strength training when they see me breathing heavy. It's difficult to relax while breathing heavy with a breh having dominant position. I'm learning slowly.

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
shyt that makes me remember my pops,a navy seal. i couldn't have been no older than 8/9 lost a fight at school. pops said never again. i got put in more submission holds than i remember, fukked my pain tolerance up. he would wake me in the middle of the night just so i'd stay aware. all the times i got knocked down, had to do different types of push ups and countless sit ups. then fight him and go back for more.
Yo, precisely like my early childhood. Breh would randomly punch and attack me. I would cry but he said that he didn't cared if I cried as long as I fought back. He embraced crying but he didn't embrace crying and not fighting.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Getting that dominant position is what they stress, it's funny that you say that. About claustrophobia, I recall talking you about that in the beginning of the year, I would practice relaxing and breathing with my head in a pillow case while sprawled on the floor, with wifey sitting on my back and holding the case tight. My teammates now will randomly put me in certain holds while we are are strength training when they see me breathing heavy. It's difficult to relax while breathing heavy with a breh having dominant position. I'm learning slowly.
The thing that makes side control the worst is being flat. Do not ever be flat on your back.

And if you are? I like to use frames against cats that likr aggressive top pressure

I dont let people get that head and arm Bullshyt on me.