Trademark Trolls

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Anyone moderately familiar with trademark law?

Someone filed for a trademark I intended to use, but haven't made an application for yet.

It's the same exact damn product and service.

Just wondering what my options are.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Your options are bounce and flip it enough that it isn't trademark infringement, risk trademark infringement,or buy the trademark from them.

I'd go with the first one. Hydrox vs Oreo style.

I want to do the first, but I'm working with a partner who doesn't want to budge on the name...smh, arguably him posting shyt on Instagram is how our idea got jacked.

The name is perfect for what we're doing. We have the LLC name filed, but I neglected to trademark it because I am spending money on the website. And not that the name is truly uncommon...but to marry it up with the exact same damn service and product tells me that I got trolled.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
I want to do the first, but I'm working with a partner who doesn't want to budge on the name...smh, arguably him posting shyt on Instagram is how our idea got jacked.

The name is perfect for what we're doing. We have the LLC name filed, but I neglected to trademark it because I am spending money on the website. And not that the name is truly uncommon...but to marry it up with the exact same damn service and product tells me that I got trolled.

They got the trademark. Unless you have the money to go to court and argue that they just sat on your shyt after seeing it on the gram then you have to go the first route. During the internet boom a bunch of billion dollar companies had to buy their domain names back from people who sat on them. Do some research about the trademark owners then make an offer.