TRIPLE G won the fight..but LOST 28 MILLION DOLLARS by not waiting out the Canelo suspension

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
this article as stupid as it is would have some relevance IF GGG didnt get in the ring last night and pick up a quick bag lol

tell a 36 year old champion fighter to be inactive on his own merit because of his opponents shortcomings for a year brehs :hhh:

some fight better than no fight
This man. This is a needless article. Basically suggests he could have lost Sept money if he somehow lost to Martirosyan. Man GTFO :camby:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
I don’t get the logic at all.

So it would have been best if he didn’t fight on cinco de mayo and not get paid at all?

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
GGG hate has ppl all over the place :what:
Yall mad he took a stay busy fight on short notice cause HIS OPPONENT CHEATED?
This fight wasn't going be a big deal for a number of reasons yet GGG got a bigger bag than the majority of Haymon managed fighters in 2018 *Gervonta meager ass purse* :patrice:

:mjlol: do you even believe the foolishness that you post??

Hell you had adrien broner in a nonsanctionied catchweight fight against Vargas last month earning a BIGGER BAG than GGG's fight on saturday ...

1.5 million!

and lets not talk about Wilder's last bout with Ortiz which fetched him a cool 2.1 million :manny:

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/05/purses-golovkin-martirosyan-ggg-1-million-vanes-225000/

you seem to forget Haymon raised the bar for purses in the boxing game much to the dismay of the promoters

and for the record i really like GGG ...just wish he wasnt HBO's new byatch since Crawford and Bradley have left but it is what it is :manny:

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
triple g did the right thing by fighting
no point in wasting a training camp, especially at 38

i have no problem with him fighting saturday...by all means stay active!

the issue is with the opponent and the limited entertainment value of the fight that GGG fans had no choice but to sit thru

i agree with Boxing news 24.com that this was a complete waste for GGG and his fans

Purses Golovkin-Martirosyan: GGG $1 million, Vanes $225,000 » Boxing News

Martirosyan will be getting $225,000 to challenge GGG or his IBO, WBA and WBC middleweight titles. The IBF belt won’t be on the line tonight because they chose not to sanction the fight due to Martirosyan being a junior middleweight, inactive for the last 2 years and coming off of a loss.

Golovkin should be making $5 million per fight given his pound-for-pound status and the fact that he holds 3 of the 4 world titles at middleweight. For Golovkin to make that kind of money, he would need to either fight in the UK all the time or have a lot of big name opponents to face. Obviously, fighting Martirosyan was a mistake for GGG. If he wanted to maximize his income, he should have used Sergey Derevyanchenko or Demetrius Andrade as his replacement rather than Martirosyan.

$225K for Martirosyan isn’t great money, but there’s not much interest in this fight. Without it being a PPV worthy bout, there’s no way for either fighter to get huge money. Golovkin’s money pales in comparison to the big paydays that fighters like heavyweight Anthony Joshua is getting in the UK for his fights. G

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i have no problem with him fighting saturday...by all means stay active!

the issue is with the opponent and the limited entertainment value of the fight that GGG fans had no choice but to sit thru

i agree with Boxing news 24.com that this was a complete waste for GGG and his fans

Purses Golovkin-Martirosyan: GGG $1 million, Vanes $225,000 » Boxing News

Martirosyan will be getting $225,000 to challenge GGG or his IBO, WBA and WBC middleweight titles. The IBF belt won’t be on the line tonight because they chose not to sanction the fight due to Martirosyan being a junior middleweight, inactive for the last 2 years and coming off of a loss.

Golovkin should be making $5 million per fight given his pound-for-pound status and the fact that he holds 3 of the 4 world titles at middleweight. For Golovkin to make that kind of money, he would need to either fight in the UK all the time or have a lot of big name opponents to face. Obviously, fighting Martirosyan was a mistake for GGG. If he wanted to maximize his income, he should have used Sergey Derevyanchenko or Demetrius Andrade as his replacement rather than Martirosyan.

$225K for Martirosyan isn’t great money, but there’s not much interest in this fight. Without it being a PPV worthy bout, there’s no way for either fighter to get huge money. Golovkin’s money pales in comparison to the big paydays that fighters like heavyweight Anthony Joshua is getting in the UK for his fights. G
he didnt want to risk fighting someone too good on short notice
i don't see anything wrong with that, given his age and what he was preparing for orginally

the event was doomed the second it got cancelled

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
GGG likes to stay active, this is probably longest time he has gone between fights for about 7-8 years.

While Canelo is the money fight, its not like GGG isnt without options within his division and GGG isnt going to wait around for Canelo, like Canelo is going to wait for him to become :flabbynsick:, so he has a better chance to beat him.
Waiting for Triple G to get old?! What are you talmbout breh

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
Weird article...it was a minimal risk, a stay-busy fight against a junior middleweight who hadn’t fought in 2 years. This wasn’t Ray Leonard facing the 2nd best junior middleweight in the world as a “tuneup” just 3 months before facing Tommy Hearns.

The failed drug tests were made public about two months before the scheduled fight and Canelo pulled out about a month before. We all know it was going to be some low risk opponent.

That said, I’m not overly confident that GGG-Canelo 2 takes place in September. Maybe GBP doesn’t want Canelo to fight after a year off and want Canelo to get a tune-up, pricing themselves out of a September fight, and hoping that GGG shows more aging by May 2019.