TRIPLE H...WRESTLEMANIA JOBBER?

Henzo

Kliq'd Up
Daps
B-b-but I thought the Kliq refused to do jobs

RedRocks

Rookie
Daps
And he was fueding with stone cold steve austin before that....and was a world champion before THAT

Yeah but you don't think a year of being a joke and then making him world champion would be a good idea? plus didn't he rub the main event guys the wrong way when he joined the E? The wcw championship wasn't even taken seriously until triple H brought it back in 02.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
WM 16 was very weird booking. It was the first time (and still one of the very few times) a heel left Mania as the champ.

Personally I think it kinda worked out for the best as Backlash drew a monster buyrate (the biggest non WM I think) and the match was classic as was Austin's involvement. Plus it was a genuinely surprising result that no one seen coming and completely established HHH as a monster heel.

BUT Rock didn't get his Mania moment in the way Hogan, Austin, Savage and Cena did.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Yeah but you don't think a year of being a joke and then making him world champion would be a good idea? plus didn't he rub the main event guys the wrong way when he joined the E? The wcw championship wasn't even taken seriously until triple H brought it back in 02.

the wcw title wasnt taken seriously by who?

wwf fanboys who didnt know any better?:mjlol:

that belt has a much stronger lineage than the wwf's belt.

I'm still miffed over his W at 2000, but Backlash made up for it.

Still should've taken the L at 19 though.

The Rock's 5-5 record at WM is still kinda :upsetfavre: for a guy who was a face for most of them, he made losing three consecutive main events popular :wow:

i cant even say that backlash made up for it.

wasnt it a ton of foolery that went down leading to that pin? they never REALLY put the rock over triple h.

the rock always got the shaft in booking for obvious reasons.:mjpls:

and wrestlemania 19 was terrible. people dont realize that they copied that whole storyline from wcw, but the difference is, ron simmons was a mid-carder before that feud with luger. he was expected to lose. as opposed to booker t, where everybody already had their post-match celebrations ready. then they went on to drop booker down into purgatory AGAIN for another 3 years.

but yea, if wrestlemania 16 & 19 didnt happen, triple h wouldve gotten away with most of his f*ckery afterwards.

Last edited:

RedRocks

Rookie
Daps
the wcw title wasnt taken seriously by who?

wwf fanboys who didnt know any better?:mjlol:

that belt has a much stronger lineage than the wwf's belt.

i cant even say that backlash made up for it.

wasnt it a ton of foolery that went down leading to that pin? they never REALLY put the rock over triple h.

the rock always got the shaft in booking for obvious reasons.:mjpls:

and wrestlemania 19 was terrible. people dont realize that they copied that whole storyline from wcw, but the difference is, ron simmons was a mid-carder before that feud with luger. he was expected to lose. as opposed to booker t, where everybody already had their post-match celebrations ready. then they went on to drop booker down into purgatory AGAIN for another 3 years.

but yea, if wrestlemania 16 & 19 didnt happen, triple h wouldve gotten away with most of his f*ckery afterwards.
it might of had a better lineage but that belt was ruined in 2000 and 01.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
it might of had a better lineage but that belt was ruined in 2000 and 01.

by that logic, i guess the wwe title doesnt mean dikk either.

cuz theyve been dragging that belt thru the mud often since '04 when JBL had that mockery of a 9 month run.

and i can give a bunch of other examples that are worse than just about anything that happened with the wcw belt in '00-01.