U.S. Charter Schools Produce a Bigger Bang with Fewer Bucks

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
So you want judicial oversight on private enterprises ?

Hmmm i wonder what's next a union to "protect the teachers" too ?

Charter schools are so called "private enterprises" that recieve very real public funding.

A private enterprises soley funded by private dollars is certainly entitled to operate in a different manner.

Certain enterprises, like schooling of our youth require oversight because it is in the total public interest.

It's cute to watch the "school choice! You should demand this for your kids!' never ever recognize the reverse side of their argument that is what if these magical free market driven schools just refuse to accept your child? Because they aren't Christian or are physically handicapped in some way or are a boy or a girl or the child of divorce or gasp! They're Black?

It's amusing that so called "black" posters believe this system is set up to benefit black children. It's not.

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
bytch about underperforming, underfunded primarily minority school systems while applauding a legalized backdoor return to school segregation brehs.
:francis:

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Charter schools are so called "private enterprises" that recieve very real public funding.

A private enterprises soley funded by private dollars is certainly entitled to operate in a different manner.

Certain enterprises, like schooling of our youth require oversight because it is in the total public interest.

It's cute to watch the "school choice! You should demand this for your kids!' never ever recognize the reverse side of their argument that is what if these magical free market driven schools just refuse to accept your child? Because they aren't Christian or are physically handicapped in some way or are a boy or a girl or the child of divorce or gasp! They're Black?

It's amusing that so called "black" posters believe this system is set up to benefit black children. It's not.

That applies to many industries not just schools

At an anecdotal level if they refuse my kids so what ? I can afford to send them to private school or have them go to public school with the rest of the kids.

Nothing in this education system is for black kids benefit so you have to look out for your own interests.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Quick question for all the anti-charter people in here: What is the process (if any) required to expel a disruptive/dangerous student from a public school?

I'm aware that expulsion rates have increased since the 70's, but that's not at issue and doesn't answer my question even tangentially.​

DirtyD

Last Time That I Checc'd......
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I don’t believe there’s a viable “solution”. Not at this time at least...

:yeshrug:
I see charters as a great option for parents concerned about their child’s education... and don’t see how removing them helps anyone.
Maybe you could explain what I’m missing?

It seems like some of you in this thread would rather see every child get a lousy public education than to see some of them go to charters and receive better...
Charter schools are private enterprises, some of which are for profit funded with taxpayer dollars. What is the point of them existing when public schools need the resources and charters aren't doing much, if at all, better in terms of academic achievement? To ensure that the CEOs of these rackets get extravagant pay?