UFC FN Portland [10/1] "Little People, Big Fight" (Lineker/Dodson, Cowboy Oliveira/Ill Will Brooks)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Lineker 48-47
Bad gameplan. Dodson disengaged far too much. He was the faster fighter and better striker but if you're gonna sprint halfway across the cage to avoid strikes without offering much in return than you don't deserve to win

Landed 48% percent of his strikes to 28%

Mr.Logic

Banned
Daps
So what do you expect him to do then? He's not TJ. Few people have his movement and style. Even with all his running he managed to outstrips Lineker and land with higher accuracy. MMA fans need to stop rewarding this Sanchez/Garcia(two Jackson fighters btw) of moving forward and missing but still winning because it looks effective
I expect him to engage...Of course, he landed with higher accuracy...It is hard to hit a fighter who is reluctant to engage...

If every fighter started doing the "running man" then who would initiate the fight? The size of the Octagon needs to reduced to force fighters to engage more frequently, and not run too far...

I believe Dodson is the better fighter...He had more varied striking, more striking accuracy, more speed and better footwork...However, the fight was close and it looked like Lineker was the aggressor, and aggression counts more than running away...

Dodson left it in the hands of the judges...That is a fight he should have won...

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I had it 50 - 46, Dodson....I had 1 round a draw. If a fighter is "running"....then go get him. Cut the cage off.

Gustaffson tried to "run"....but DC kept catching him, clinching him....and landing uppercuts to seal the 5th round.

Overeem tried to "run"....but Stipe eventually got hold of him...started rattling off combos through and around Overeem's guard....and got a takedown that ended the fight.

If Lineker was a better fighter, he could've done more...and even when Dodson would oblige and throw flurries with him...I'm not convinced Lineker was getting the better of them.

Lineker did his best work when he caught Dodson on the cage and threw to the body but Dodson did a good job of rolling off the cage and avoiding Lineker's shots at times.

Just b/c you follow a guy doesn't mean you're beating him. Congratulations!!!! You won the aggressiveness portion of the scoring...BUT YOU LOST THE STRIKING AND OCTAGON CONTROL PORTION OF THE SCORING....Dodson should've won.