Undisputed Heavyweight Champion of the World??

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
What is needed for this to happen? Is it holding the WBA, WBC, IFC and WBO titles?

Where does 'the Ring' come into play? And what is a lineal champion?

:confused:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
What is needed for this to happen? Is it holding the WBA, WBC, IFC and WBO titles?

Where does 'the Ring' come into play? And what is a lineal champion?

:confused:
There are 4 big titles in this era. WBA, WBO, WBC, IBF. All of them except the IBF are joke organizations which are severely corrupted and regularly break their own rules for favors and such. It is what it is though so they are the 4 big organizations and if a boxer holds all 4 he is the undisputed champion.

The Ring is a magazine which is around for many decades. They have their own rankings and I don’t know the exact rules but I think if a #1 ranked fighter fights a #2 ranked sometimes even #3 ranked they offer their Ring title to the winner. By the time they do this it is very likely that at least one of the fighters has a belt anyway, the Ring belt is rather symbolic but holds big prestige for a lit of ppl in the boxing world.
Currently they are owned by De La Hoya so their credibility can be questioned but many thinks that their ratings are not manipulated and they are free to express their opinion.

Lineal championship is the “the guy who beat the guy who beat the guy...” title it has no physical form now if I know it right and it’s counted through the decades. Currently the site TBRB (transnational boxing rankings board) keeps tab on it. If a champion retires or moves up without getting beaten they give the lineal title to the winner of #1 ranked vs #2 ranked whenever it happens. They are also held in high respect nowadays I personally prefer TBRB rankings. So Ring belt and lineal title are not always the same but very often they are cause these symbolic belts are only on the line when really the best fight the best. To be an undisputed champ you don’t have to hold any of these two but it’s very-very unlikely that you won’t.

A situation like this could have happened if Tyson Fury wasn’t stripped of his Ring title this week. Then a possible 4 title unification between Joshua/Parker and Wilder/Ortiz wouldn’t be for the Ring belt but still undisputed. I know it sounds weird, boxing produces shyt like this sometimes.

If I know it right if Fury starts to fight again then he will still be the lineal even though someone else gonna grab all the 4 titles plus Ring.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
There are 4 big titles in this era. WBA, WBO, WBC, IBF. All of them except the IBF are joke organizations which are severely corrupted and regularly break their own rules for favors and such. It is what it is though so they are the 4 big organizations and if a boxer holds all 4 he is the undisputed champion.

The Ring is a magazine which is around for many decades. They have their own rankings and I don’t know the exact rules but I think if a #1 ranked fighter fights a #2 ranked sometimes even #3 ranked they offer their Ring title to the winner. By the time they do this it is very likely that at least one of the fighters has a belt anyway, the Ring belt is rather symbolic but holds big prestige for a lit of ppl in the boxing world.
Currently they are owned by De La Hoya so their credibility can be questioned but many thinks that their ratings are not manipulated and they are free to express their opinion.

Lineal championship is the “the guy who beat the guy who beat the guy...” title it has no physical form now if I know it right and it’s counted through the decades. Currently the site TBRB (transnational boxing rankings board) keeps tab on it. If a champion retires or moves up without getting beaten they give the lineal title to the winner of #1 ranked vs #2 ranked whenever it happens. They are also held in high respect nowadays I personally prefer TBRB rankings. So Ring belt and lineal title are not always the same but very often they are cause these symbolic belts are only on the line when really the best fight the best. To be an undisputed champ you don’t have to hold any of these two but it’s very-very unlikely that you won’t.

A situation like this could have happened if Tyson Fury wasn’t stripped of his Ring title this week. Then a possible 4 title unification between Joshua/Parker and Wilder/Ortiz wouldn’t be for the Ring belt but still undisputed. I know it sounds weird, boxing produces shyt like this sometimes.

If I know it right if Fury starts to fight again then he will still be the lineal even though someone else gonna grab all the 4 titles plus Ring.
I guess it's a dream to wish for one unified body, with one champion for each weight class.

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
I guess it's a dream to wish for one unified body, with one champion for each weight class.

Pretty much because certain fighter through their promoters really only go after certain organization's belts like how a lot of American champs hold the WBC version like money, deontay, and others

After the PAC fight FMM gave up one of the belts because he didn't want to pay the 250,000 to keep the belt

The ring belt is a scam because ODLH owns it and uses it to promote fighters.

In my opinion the true lineal champion is Tyson Fury but I have AJ as an interim lineal champion because he beat the man who used to be the man

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
It absolutely is

It has a bright side too though...
If boxing would be a lot more organized there would be less fukkery and crazy stories/characters