Univ. of Chicago no longer requiring SAT/ACT...major shift coming?

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
This seems to be an attempt to curb the increase of Asians getting into American universities based on SAT/ACT scores alone.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
This seems to be an attempt to curb the increase of Asians getting into American universities based on SAT/ACT scores alone.

Off topic. But the cheating that I've seen Chinese students do in class is fukking astounding. They'll sit on their computer and use WeChat to share answers with each other. The whole group in front of me got 100s while I got an 80 something.

I told one of the dudes in front of me to let me copy his shyt on the next test or else. :mjpls:

Walked out that bytch with an A. :sas1:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The SATs add virtually zero information to the college application. Once you account for other factors, SATs have almost zero predictive power. They're just a way to doubly reward students who had the background to do well...and we already know those students were doing well based on the rest of their application.

Standardized tests waste a lot of people's time and money, and they tell you nothing about whether that student is going to succeed at life or not. Good riddance.