Unsane (Trailer) (Mindf*ck thriller by Steven Soderbergh shot on iPhone)- now on Amazon Prime

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Outside of it being cheap as fukk, I can't imagine what filming a movie on a smartphone adds to anything.
Maybe it'll automatically get overrated on the reviews like Tangerine :ariana2:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
It was interesting, because of the unreliable narrator aspect. However something about this movie really, really bothered me, and it's a part of a broader trend in Hollywood movies now. The cast is very diverse, and many of the heavy decision makers and people in power are people of color, and in this cast black folks. However, they end up being incompetent or expendable. So it's like Hollywood is doing their diversity quota, but it ends up still making the black characters look bad or their lives aren't really valued. It just really left a bad taste in my mouth. There's also a shyt ton of plot holes.

But it is entertaining for the most part.

I dunno, I guess I give it a 6.5 out of 10. Lost points because of how it portrayed or what it did to ALL of the people of color.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
The movie was :obama: I was very :ehh: at first with the whole iPhone quality and all that.

But then when the story kept going I was pretty intrigued.

It’s good for a one time watch but that’s about it..

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
I need to know what that trailer music is at the beginning and cant find no info. Help a breh out please :feedme:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty good. A good break from the norm. Agreed about the plot holes. The quality at times added and took away from the movie.

Dialogue was weird at times

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Felt like a 3 hour movie, despite being less than 100 minutes.....

Technically accomplished, at times smartly written, well casted, intriguing concept drags under poor plotting and pacing......

Not really worth watching, unless deeply in the mood, or Soderbergh devotee.