'Utah revives plan for executions by firing squad' - Yes or No?

Truth200

Banned
Daps
No, I believe in justice.
They could spend $1000 or they could spend $1 to murk someone.

boleyn2.jpg

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Tell me more about justice.

The numbers don't break down that way.
A man convicted of killing a 6-month-old as he raped her was executed Wednesday despite his arguments that he never meant to hurt her.
Steve Smith, 46, was executed by lethal injection for the September 1998 killing of his live-in girlfriend's daughter, Autumn Carter, in Mansfield in northern Ohio. He was pronounced dead at 10:29 a.m.
Smith had recently tried to get his sentence reduced to life in prison, arguing that he was too drunk to realize that his assault was killing Autumn and didn't mean to hurt the baby.
The Ohio Parole Board and Gov. John Kasich unanimously turned him down, with the board calling him "the worst of the worst."
"Smith took the life of an innocent 6-month-old infant while using the baby to sexually gratify himself," the board said in its decision. "It is hard to fathom a crime more repulsive or reprehensible in character."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/05/01/ohio-rape-baby/2126323/

You want to say this wasn't justice?

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
funerals cost money so why bury people or something.
no, in the context of what I was responding to, my argument is: the bottom line is not always the bottom line. Simply saying that it is cheaper to shoot them does meet the requirement of the cultural calculus, which dictates that we often must expend energy, time and resources in order to define ourselves as human and humane.