Vice News: Haitian Migrants Stranded In Tijuana

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Over the past year, 16,000 Haitians arrived at the Mexico-U.S. border seeking asylum. The majority of these Haitian migrants made a months-long journey across Central and South America from Brazil, where they had settled after fleeing the devastation of the 2010 earthquake in their homeland. The journey north was not easy; it was long, expensive, and extremely dangerous. The trip meant crossing 10 countries by foot, bus and boat, dealing with human smugglers and corrupt police.

The U.S. had once welcomed Haitians, but with an estimated 40,000 of them en route, former President Barack Obama, and now President Donald Trump, refused to let them cross the border. Migrants were left waiting in Mexico for months before U.S. immigration officials would even look at their cases. Now, as Trump has further closed off America’s borders, thousands of them are stranded in Mexico, straining the country’s resources.

VICE News went to Tijuana to see how the city is adjusting and how the Haitians are adjusting.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
i was in TJ this weekend, I saw a few of them, well i presume they were cuz of the way they dressed and a couple of them were working

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its bad for Haitians, the DR is still brutally rejecting them, and the US is ready to block our people even further.

Daps
Why don't French speaking African countries help their brethren out?

How the fukk are they surviving as French speakers in Latin America??? Maybe they are bilingual in Spanish/French? Which is weird...

BigMan

Veteran
Daps

How the fukk are they surviving as French speakers in Latin America??? Maybe they are bilingual in Spanish/French? Which is weird...
Many Haitians speak English and Spanish. Not out of the ordinary to find a Haitian that is trilingual or polyglot

Francophone Africa is mostly poor and in no shape to help

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon

Funny thing when French, German and America was attacking Haiti, Haiti still drop that bag to Finance the army of Ethiopia in " the battle of Adwa " against Italy. One of the founding father of Pan-Africanism but as of now i wouldn't trust alot of those African nation tho ( especially French , Nigeria or North Africa)

I guess is what it is. I dont want haitians fleeing to south America or Mexico especially when latin America conspired with France, America, Spain, and Canada to put the finally nail to Haiti back in 2004 even when Haiti initiated (south America) freedom.

On the bilingual thing most Haitians dont even speak english that's with being occupied multiple times by the US. The ones in mexico only speak brokedown Spanish because they was working and living in South America (Brazil...yes its Portuguese i now) since the earthquake (2010)

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Many Haitians speak English and Spanish. Not out of the ordinary to find a Haitian that is trilingual or polyglot

Francophone Africa is mostly poor and in no shape to help
Some of those haitian only speak brokedown Spanish because they was living and work in South America (since 2010) before traveling to Mexico. Alot money spend

Haitians living outside of haiti yeah mostly likely

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Some of those haitian only speak brokedown Spanish because they was living and work in South America (since 2010) before traveling to Mexico. Alot money spend

Haitians living outside of haiti yeah mostly likely
I met Haitians in Haiti that spoke good Spanish but yes most of them would be the ones abroad