Vince was a genius playing the USA vs Iraq angle for WrestleMania 7

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Warrior was a heel in his old UWF days. And he was suppose to turn heel at SummerSlam 92 against Savage but backed out the last minute. Thats why Hart/Bulldog went on last because they didn't want to send the crowd home angry

Truth200

Banned
Daps
Warrior was a heel in his old UWF days. And he was suppose to turn heel at SummerSlam 92 against Savage but backed out the last minute. Thats why Hart/Bulldog went on last because they didn't want to send the crowd home angry

Please Elaborate...

Truth200

Banned
Daps

Why did he back out at the last minute?

61 Corpses

The Breh
Daps
Reppin
They should've seriously gone with the idea of the Hogan-Warrior rematch with Warrior as a heel. They had already given up on him as a top babyface so might as well offer the rematch up. Plus Slaughter was always just horrible.

In hindsight, don't think a heel Warrior would of worked...but they definitely should of went with the re-match as the Main Event for WM7. Hogan/Slaughter is one of the wacker main events in WM history.

61 Corpses

The Breh
Daps
Reppin
Everyone talks about Warrior not being over as champ, but in reality he was never really given a chance to be just like Savage's first run. Hogan was still in all of the PPV Main Events and getting top billing during Warriors run :beli:

Truth200

Banned
Daps
Everyone talks about Warrior not being over as champ, but in reality he was never really given a chance to be just like Savage's first run. Hogan was still in all of the PPV Main Events and getting top billing during Warriors run :beli:

True..

Daps
Reppin
NYC
summerslam 1990, warrior was champion main event was warrior v. rude in a cage match for the strap. hogan v. earthquake was under it.

so you can't say warrior didn't get top billing. i remember the period well. warrior was all over the place. i even remember the 1990 game for nes... not only was warrior the wrestler on the main screen when you first booted up but he was also the "final boss" in the single player campaign. hogan was the one you fought before him. so there was definitely at least some kind of attempt to legit hand warrior the baton as "the man". (although on the video game package itself hogan was still the one in the center)

if warrior truly didn't draw as well as hogan did it could have been for a number of reasons. one could be that he never really had anyone new to draw WITH. guy wins the strap from hogan and they stick him with rude again??? awful choice. not a knock on rude but we'd seen that already for like a year and a half. they needed to start building new and credible challengers.

warrior should have gotten the first crack at earthquake, not hogan. plus i'm shocked they never fed warlord to him. guy wasn't all that great but he had the look and feel of a huge strong guy who might have been able to kick warrior's ass. might have been a good guy to stick him with for at least one program.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
if warrior truly didn't draw as well as hogan did it could have been for a number of reasons. one could be that he never really had anyone new to draw WITH. guy wins the strap from hogan and they stick him with rude again??? awful choice. not a knock on rude but we'd seen that already for like a year and a half. they needed to start building new and credible challengers.

Yup. I know when I was a kid watching that, I briefly lost interest around that time for that reason. Warrior was the new guy on top and I was glad to see it, but the first thing they do with him is re-do a feud that had just ended less than a year earlier. It just wasn't interesting. Hell, DiBiase was doing nothing at Summerslam but starting his feud with Rhodes... he could've been Warrior's first feud. And I didn't care about Hogan being taken out by Earthquake, so I was kinda bored with WWF until the Rumble rolled around.