Vitor Belfort wants Rio fight in March, welcomes Anderson Silva rematch

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
usa_today_9295312.0.jpeg

At 39, Vitor Belfort would still like a chance to rematch former middleweight champion, Anderson Silva. As The Phenom told Combate, he believes it's a fight the fans would like to see and would make a lot of sense it could happen in March. Specifically, oh a card rumored to happen on Belfort's hometown of Rio de Janeiro.

"It was never anything personal with Anderson Silva, he just had what I wanted, which was the title. I think it's a fight the fans would like to see and the UFC is willing to negotiate. I know they to make big fights and if they're going to make a lot of money with this fight. We might as well make some, too. It would be quite the huge fight."

"My camp has already begun, I want to fight in the first semester of 2017. If the fight happens in March, in Rio, I'm in. I stopped who I was, which was an aggressor, and that's what I'm going to start doing again from here on out."

Vitor Belfort currently finds himself on a two-fight skid, with TKO losses to Gegard Mousasi and Ronaldo Souza. His last win, a first-round KO of Dan Henderson, dates back to November 2015.

Vitor Belfort wants Rio fight, Anderson Silva rematch

87 others

Superstar
Daps
Vitor is a coward, honestly. He's a mental midget that crumbles under the slightest bit of pressure or resistance. He just flat out gives up if he can't starch somebody within the first 5 minutes.

DougFunnY

Make it a win
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
Vitor will forever be that dude. Now seems like the perfect time for the silva rematch, but I wouldn't mind seeing him fight a lesser oponent just to regain lost momentum. He needs a win badly

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I understand those that think vitor wins the rematch but Silva won't fight dumb at this age with this opponent

Spider wins then hopefully both retire in Brazil.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
How many of these warriors want Silva? moose, Kennedy, maia and now vitor. Ain't won a fight since Stephen bonnar was in the UFC but I am going to call him out. They should be embarrassed, even though I reserve my opinion, if you are the GOAT and you are getting dropped/can't beat bisbing clearly you are past it

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I honestly wish he'd call it a career at this point.

I understand wanting to avenge the Silva loss and I kind of want to see it, but other than that he shouldn't enter the Octagon again.
Yea hes one of my fav fighters of all time, but i dont want to see him keep getting pummeled...both are over the hill clearly and neither should be pushing for too many more fights...nothing to be ashamed of, hes had a hell of a career.

8====D

¡Vamos Spurs Vamos!
Daps
Reppin
210 | 334
I don't care who A.Silva fights next. . .I just want him to actually FIGHT !!!

I'll always be a fan of his technique and what he has accomplished in/out the ring, but enough is enough. Stop prancing around the cage, take some initiative in the ring, and bring the fight to your opponent.