Vox: America is facing an epistemic crisis - What if Mueller proves his case and it doesn’t matter?

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I've been saying this a good 5-10 years. Republicans are in Nazi mode. The only thing that matters is what the Party tells them matters. They're authoritarian drones. Obama spent his whole first term battling a Republican base that was convinced he was a Manchurian candidate.

I challenge any of you on political forums, watch Fox News in the morning and watch how all the drones repeat verbatim whatever they heard that morning. Doesn't matter if it was a "theory", conjecture, or a punchline; it's TRUTH to all of them.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So you just dropped the facade and are straight advocating for armed republican/conservative revolt then. :what:
Bipartisan revolt. :ufdup:

And no one said anything about arms.

If a president is ousted without a crime/being incapacitated, Americans of all stripes should be outraged. And those doing the ousting should feel that outrage. That may not neccessitate arms, but it shouldn't be pretty. We're talking about overturning an election, after all.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Bipartisan revolt. :ufdup:

And no one said anything about arms.

If a president is ousted without a crime/being incapacitated, Americans of all stripes should be outraged. And those doing the ousting should feel that outrage. That may not neccessitate arms, but it shouldn't be pretty. We're talking about overturning an election, after all.

That's what the 25th amendment is for. If 2/3s of the House decide he's unfit for office then he can be removed. :yeshrug:

Of course, I'd say that scenario is much less likely than him simply being impeached because he did in fact commit a crime. But we'll see. Also, you're ignoring that half the country wants him out of office anyway on GP (in fact a higher percentage of people support impeachment than don't) so any outrage would be strictly partisan.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
half the country wants him out of office anyway on GP

I saw those polls, but I'm skeptical. I don't believe a majority want him ousted- even a majority disapprove of him at this particular time. But I could be wrong there. Even if I am, I'd be surprised and disappointed if an election was overturned "on GP" and that went down quietly.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I saw those polls, but I'm skeptical. I don't believe a majority want him ousted- even a majority disapprove of him at this particular time. But I could be wrong there. Even if I am, I'd be surprised and disappointed if an election was overturned "on GP" and that went down quietly.

You're just underestimating how historically unpopular Trump is.

https://www.publicpolicypolling.com/polls/support-impeachment-record-high/

PPP’s newest national poll finds a record level of support for impeaching Donald Trump. 49% of voters support impeaching him, to 41% who are opposed to doing so. This marks the 6th month in a row we’ve found a plurality of voters in favor of impeaching Trump, and it’s the closest we’ve found to a majority.
Voters actually put his first 9 months in a very different historical context- 49% already say they think he’s the worst President in American History, to 43% who dispute that notion.

It wasn't an approval question, it was a direct question about whether voters currently support impeachment, and this obviously before Mueller is done. So as much as you might not want to believe it, if Trump was thrown out of office tomorrow you'd have more people celebrating than outraged. Half the population already considers him the WOAT president and he hasn't even been in office a year. :dead:

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Clinton was impeached even though 2/3 of Americans were against it, and he had job approvals of 70%+

Trump is very unpopular and we've only seen a tiny sliver of the evidence from Mueller. It can only get worse.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You're just underestimating how historically unpopular Trump is.

https://www.publicpolicypolling.com/polls/support-impeachment-record-high/

It wasn't an approval question, it was a direct question about whether voters currently support impeachment, and this obviously before Mueller is done. So as much as you might not want to believe it, if Trump was thrown out of office tomorrow you'd have more people celebrating than outraged. Half the population already considers him the WOAT president and he hasn't even been in office a year. :dead:

:russ:

Maybe. It might very well be that me and like 16 other people in the whole country think impeaching a president off GP is abhorrent should be met with the strongest resistance. That just tells me how much spirit we lost as a country. The same country where the founders rebelled over tea taxes and lack of representation is going to sit idly by while the president they chose is ousted off GP?! I'll believe that when I see it.

Clinton was impeached even though 2/3 of Americans were against it, and he had job approvals of 70%+

Trump is very unpopular and we've only seen a tiny sliver of the evidence from Mueller. It can only get worse.
:beli:
Prosecutors usually lead with their strongest evidence.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ:

Maybe. It might very well be that me and like 16 other people in the whole country think impeaching a president off GP is abhorrent should be met with the strongest resistance. That just tells me how much spirit we lost as a country. The same country where the founders rebelled over tea taxes and lack of representation is going to sit idly by while the president they chose is ousted off GP?! I'll believe that when I see it.

strawman. no one is talking about removing trump "off GP." we're talking about collusion with foreign powers, money laundering/tax evasion, lying to the FBI, obstruction of justice. you know, nothingburgers.

Prosecutors usually lead with their strongest evidence

I hope that's not what you're counting on...