WATCH: Four cops brutally beat mentally ill black man who is wearing nothing but a blanket

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
wo black parents in Indiana are angrily demanding answers from their local police department after a video showed officers brutally beating their son during a violent arrest.

Local news station CBS 4 Indy reports that a newly released video shows police officers in Marion, Indiana beating 29-year-old Arrington Barber, a local resident who has been clinically diagnosed with schizophrenia. Specifically, the video shows officers repeatedly hitting Barber despite the fact that they had successfully restrained him and had him pinned to the ground.

“They’re beating him down like he’s a dog,” James Barber, Arrington’s father, tells CBS 4 Indy. “It’s disgusting, I mean it’s disgusting.”

Michele Davis, Arrington’s mother, tells the station that she is appalled that officers would treat anyone like this, let alone someone who has for years suffered from a serious mental illness.

“You can’t just beat him and treat him any kind of way because he’s not right in his mind,” she says. “I don’t know what he might have said that would cause anybody to strike him like that. I’m lost. I really am.”

The video does not show what the 29-year-old Barber did before the officers started to beat him, although he has now been charged with resisting law enforcement, public indecency and public nudity, as he was wearing nothing but a blanket at the time of his arrest. According to CBS 4 Indy, he has no history of charges for violent crimes.

The Marion Police Department says that it is “looking into” the incident, which was caught on camera by a bystander.

WATCH: Four cops brutally beat mentally ill black man who is wearing nothing but a blanket

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
all too typical these days

:snoop:

I've got an article I've been meaning to share if I can still find it

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
He did not comply & swung on a peace officer :francis: that's the report will say:mjcry:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
They will get paid, at this point it seems cops would rather have the intimidation factor than avoid lawsuits and criminal inquiries. What kind of heart do you have as a man to strike a man pinned down to the ground. If three grown men can't subdue a grown man pinned down on the ground without beating him you are not men. There should be some kind of rule against scary azz CACs being police officers.