Western Conference Last Day Winners and Losers

Loggie

All Star
Daps
Crazy day today. I just got caught up. This is what Silver envisioned which the play-in tourney. A lot of teams involved in the playoffs, no tanking or giving games up, seeding plays.

This is just picks for the last day winners and losers. There were many scenarios.

Winners:

Suns
They get the Timberwolves. They can win the matchups and they are gelling at the right time. Wolves are inexperienced and trying to reintegrate Kat at the wrong possible time. Suns could be favored. I haven’t looked the lines up yet.

Warriors
They get the Kings. Between Kings and Lakers, I think the Warriors rather play the Kings.

Nuggets
They avoid the Suns. Will either get a Lakers team they have beaten 8 straight or a Pelicans team that is trying to work in Ingram (should probably come off the bench Willie Green).

Thunder
Congrats on the number one seed. Hell of a season. Sucks you may draw the Lakers or Warriors but at least you have home court. They will be favored in any match up as they should be but the NBA isn’t kind on young teams in the playoffs.

Losers:

Lakers

They could have pulled a Wolves or Thunder team. Instead they can get the Nuggets if they win. If they lose, it another winner takes all game against the Kings/Warriors. Would you want to risk losing just to have to play another game to get to the Thunder?

Wolves

There were better matchups for them. It sucks to work so hard, lose your second best player, still play good ball, second player gets back a week before the playoffs, then draw the Suns.

Pelicans

BI comes back and now you decide to work him in to the line up. Whatever good vibes you had will now be gone. You falter and draw the Lakers then warriors/kings. Lakers may give you this one though.

Thoughts on winners and losers?

Last edited: