What am I missing

Myrical Lyfe

In the Gutter, of the Tunnel
Daps
Reppin
SEPA
I just can't seem to get that "energy" out of my tracks. Idk if it's the mix, master or what. Not enough high end? I know my stuffs not amazing, but I feel I'm right there if i figure this issue out. I'll post more examples out when I get home

Listen to Til' the End (xN)by Myrical Lyfe by Myrical Lyfe #np on #SoundCloud

SymbolicOne09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just can't seem to get that "energy" out of my tracks. Idk if it's the mix, master or what. Not enough high end? I know my stuffs not amazing, but I feel I'm right there if i figure this issue out. I'll post more examples out when I get home

Listen to Til' the End (xN)by Myrical Lyfe by Myrical Lyfe #np on #SoundCloud

The concept is dope imo but i think its the mix, its not full enough imo , maybe more legato/portamento on the piano and some reverb on it too, the pad could be a tad bit wider or louder imo.
Or maybe keep the mix how it is and pan the instruments left to right and right to left per bar or maybe every 2 bars.. Im rolling right now tho lol so i could be hearing it wrong.

One20ne

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I second the pan idea, and maybe add some some more tonal stuff like higher or lower bass notes and snares tones. give a little more high end to the snares to add that contrast will prob give you more of what your looking for. Maybe drop out mid song and ride with hats and snare or something for structural energy. Good tracks tho

DJ Mart-Kos

All Star
Daps
I think if you layer that Pad with an other warmer sounding Pad on top of it, it would already sound a lot fuller. Using good Pad chords is important for making it sound fuller.
It has a lot of potential.

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
change the kick, add a more powerful snare, eq that snare more, enhance what ever bass sound youre using and yes mix all that nice, the way you want it to sound

the song isn't bad at all tbh i thought it would be trash the way you said "can't seem to get that "energy" out of my tracks."

turn it into a story breh, why is it called till the end? add some talking samples or something, you got some space for that, thats if you want to even do that tho

this kinda beat is in the realm of them chill trap 808 kind of tunes, maybe you should watch and listen and see what them guys are doing for some inspiration.