What happens to my unpaid medical bill (ambulance ride)

CourtesyFlush

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This 800 dollar ambulance bill is already at collections, they've had some Indian fukker calling me every few daya saying they will reduce the bill if im willing to pay like half of it. But fukk them, I didn't ask to ride in the ambulance, I was wasted and got jumped by some fukkers at the bars downtown and they showed up and cops made my ass go. Then my insurance acted like the bill was taken care of. 3 years later I get a letter saying fukk you pay us. So will my credit become total shyt from this bill alone? Will it ever go away? Should I just not pay any medical bills at this point since I'm fukked anyway? :shaq:

Being an adult sucks brehs, help me out with advice pleaseeee.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
how long has it been in collection? doctors and hospitals don't report negatively to credit bureaus but they sell the bad debt to collection agencies and they report to the credit bureaus. for such a small bill it would have been good if you paid it before it was sold to the collection agency, but that's done with now. if it's been a few years i would ignore the collection agency and wait for the bad debt to drop off completely (takes 7 years), but but even after 4-5 years it loses a bit of its negative pull on your score.

not paying new debts will mean you're a permanent state of bad credit because once the old bad debt is gone, there would still be another one whose clock hasn't run out yet. pay your bills.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
When you wonder why hospitals and ambulance companies are going bankrupt and why ambulance rides and insurance cost so much, Brehs....

:ehh:

CourtesyFlush

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how long has it been in collection? doctors and hospitals don't report negatively to credit bureaus but they sell the bad debt to collection agencies and they report to the credit bureaus. for such a small bill it would have been good if you paid it before it was sold to the collection agency, but that's done with now. if it's been a few years i would ignore the collection agency and wait for the bad debt to drop off completely (takes 7 years), but but even after 4-5 years it loses a bit of its negative pull on your score.

not paying new debts will mean you're a permanent state of bad credit because once the old bad debt is gone, there would still be another one whose clock hasn't run out yet. pay your bills.

I'm not sure exactly how long, I've been receiving collections calls for approximately 8 months I think

CourtesyFlush

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

And props breh