What if Africa Was Never Colonized?

Daps
Reppin
Stoic disciples
I am subscribed to alot of these animation info channels. I had watched all Alternate History videos and his other channel Geography Hub but I really hated that episode, I was hoping he would do this topic justice but his ignorance about Africa was clear, especially non-coastal africa. It actually made me unsubscribe and post an angry comment. But I still check out his channel once in a while.
In reality if Africa wasn't colonized the continent would be stable, Western knowledge and science would be adopted slowly and adapted in a more organic fashion.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Africans would have battled for the most fertile lands. The strongest/smartest ethnic groups would create stronghold societies in the most fertile land. Pretty much what had been happening in Africa already before Cac/Asian invasion attempts.....

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Paris, France
Africans would have battled for the most fertile lands. The strongest/smartest ethnic groups would create stronghold societies in the most fertile land. Pretty much what had been happening in Africa already before Cac/Asian invasion attempts.....

Pretty much what happened in Europe too :yeshrug:

For some reason people tend to "forget" that Europe has been a continuous battlefield for centuries, and that only stopped 70 years ago.

KingSlime

All Star
Daps
What kills me is that people really out here thinking that Africa was living in a bubble for a millennia until white people showed up. European nations set up formal trading posts with Western and Sub Sharan African empires in the 1400s, but was never able to colonize one foot of the continent until the dawn of the 20th century. During that time, Africans always had exposure to the technological advances coming from the Western World and the East through trade. If Europe never committed their mass genocide than it would have just been business as usual with African leaders keeping abreast with new developments from their trading partners (See:Ethiopia)

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Paris, France
What kills me is that people really out here thinking that Africa was living in a bubble for a millennia until white people showed up. European nations set up formal trading posts with Western and Sub Sharan African empires in the 1400s, but was never able to colonize one foot of the continent until the dawn of the 20th century. During that time, Africans always had exposure to the technological advances coming from the Western World and the East through trade. If Europe never committed their mass genocide than it would have just been business as usual with African leaders keeping abreast with new developments from their trading partners (See:Ethiopia)

100% right, one can also add trade with the Arab world, India and even China on the East coast. Africa was never isolated.