What was the Greatest Hip Hop Label of All Time?

What was the Greatest Hip Hop Label of All Time?

• Total voters

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Loud had an incredible run. Mobb, Wu, Rae, Pun, Xzibit, Tha Liks, MOP Warriors...and I think they were close enough.

The whole family/squad labels is fairly new anyway.

Last edited:

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
What revelation?

http://www.thecoli.com/posts/2656633/

how p came up...he cut out middle men n he looked up2 some of the biggest ceos in the country n in the south...n he was best friends with james prince..

he learned how to hustle in the bay...and in texas..

p used alot of texas based companies be4 goin to priority ...southwest wholesale who had a deal with warehouse music n other accounts...n he had pen n pixel..who could do covers for cheap..

both are companies that helped cut cost n made labels like sick wid it..rap-a-lot and suavehouse

p was doin the bar code hustle that cats like lil flip, yungstar pokey, lil troy n others down here mastered..

which was take ya album...put the same upc on ya compilations mixtapes etc...n when mom n pops n major retailers scan em...ya mixtape would count as a album sale...

if u got all of no limit albums all u gotta do is look at the back of em...u see garbage nikkas like prime suspects, the ghetto commission skull dugrey kane n abel..all got the same upc's as some of the compilations...if them nikkas can go gold n platinum..why they cant do it now...n why gone off the face of the earth...

p was droppin shyt every 2 weeks..and all of it was goin gold or platinum...p wasnt that rich to drop half a mill every 2 weeks...he had even got that deal with priority yet..only reason p made the switch from southwest to priority because he got a tip they was goin bankrupt...

Leti Cook

Pro
Daps
See, this is why i gotta stop exposing myself to the truth and all that. All this shyt about barcode scams and biting and of course the just sudden wave of :snoop: they went through when Cash Money popped....fukk all that. No Limit. Mystikal, P, C-murder,Silkk (YEP, I legitimately fukk with dude, off beat mumble flow and all), Mia,Kane & Abel, Mac, Snoop, Fiend, Soulja Slim. Few classic albums sprinkled in there. I'm just going off the length of a playlist of jams I would make from each label. No Limit would have the longest by far for me. Maybe that's just some sheer volume shyt since they were dropping every week but :yeshrug:

P made Ghetto D:to:
.....GHETTO D