What's the Best Way To Increase Cardio Endurance?

Discussion in 'The Gym' started by IdealMan, Feb 12, 2017.

1. IdealMan

IdealMan All Star

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

I need to be able to jog 3 miles straight by May... I can barely do a lap. Is it possible?

2. Gab

Gab All Star Supporter

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $200500.00

IdealMan dapped this.
  3. XxBboyxX

XxBboyxX Banned

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $15.00

Ahh yea. Do cardio every day and u good

TheRealfG, Kex and Justise M dapped this.
  4. phcitywarrior

phcitywarrior Pro

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Port Harcourt - Lagos - Abuja - DMV
    Coli Cash:
    $408.80

Easiest way is to do it every other day and just keep trying to go as long as you can without stopping.

3 consistent weeks and you'll see great gains. Man I love to run but the way my knees are set up....

5. Niggahs B. Wildin

Niggahs B. Wildin All Star

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

jump rope.

but if your trying to run a specific distance then its very good to practice just that.

if your just not used to running three miles, your legs wont be there for you while you can endure it and not feel like your going to die of an asthma attack.

walk it, walk it and jog it, jog it and walk it, jog it and run it, run it and jog it, then just run it.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  6. A.R.

A.R. Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $300500.00

I agree with this^^^

Jumping rope is great for cardio

Niggahs B. Wildin dapped this.
  7. jerniebert

jerniebert All Star Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Fresno, Ca
    Coli Cash:
    $328500.00

Just get out there and run. It's going to be rough but it's possible. Just make sure you watch your form. Active.Com has good running articles on form.

8. raidersreceiver

raidersreceiver Pro

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Portland, OR
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Man I just started the C25K and I'm dying when I gotta run the 60 seconds. I completed day 1 tho

Nutritious Quata' Water and The ADD dapped this.
  9. Claudex

Claudex Lord have mercy! Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Motherland
    Coli Cash:
    $219866.00

First, you gotta get it in your head that running isn't just about the legs, it's also vastly about breathing. If you don't inhale enough air at the right time not only will your legs hurt you'll also feel a sharp stab in your lungs. In fact, that's how people who're just starting this jogging life often stop running; it's not that their legs are giving out, it's just they're suddenly having problems breathing and they can't keep going.

So practice proper breathing. Inhaling and exhaling deeply into your lungs at a constant rythm. That's step number 1.

Step number two is to plan your route and stick to it. Choose a 1 mile route, from point A to B and dominate that first. Start small, then increase every two days of running. 'Til you get to 3 miles. If you feel it's taking too long then consider adding half a mile per running time. The key to this step is remembering that legs can take a lot of beating before they shut down.
    Running is a really huge mind effort, because you gotta drown out the voice that keeps telling you "yo this is good, you've already done more than enough, okay stop breh!". The people that stop running because their legs actively stopped working is super rare, usually the defeat is always in the mind first before it's in the body.

Step three is to always remember to alternate between jogging and running. Running requires you to breath a whole lot more quickly, jogging is so you can regulate that breathing. So if your breathing is regular don't be afraid to speed up, if you're feeling discomfort breathing then slow down from running to jogging.
    This goes back to step one which amounts to avoiding that sharp pain in your lungs which is a reminder that your body is lacking in oxygen.

Reaching a specific distance isn't about time at first, it's about conditioning your body. Once you can run these 3 miles you wanna run comfortably, then you can start working on lessening the time it takes you to do so.

10. Meh

Meh In the late night

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $200500.00

I need help in this arena also....

:dame:

Claudex dapped this.
  11. DatManJay

DatManJay Rookie

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Detroit/El Paso
    Coli Cash:
    $499.00

More cardio. Sprints, long distance (with some incline), stationary bike. I run about 5 miles with some incline every other day. You just gotta push yourself. When your body says "stop and walk for a few seconds", don't do it. Just slow your pace down. But never walk! Make it a mission to do heavy cardio 5 days out of the week. Rest two days. This is just some quick off of the head advice, but by May you should be good. 3 miles is about a 5k race. Oh, and if your goal is to run 3 miles by May, then everyday, you should be running 3 Miles, or doing sets of sprints. Track your progress and you'll notice shyt getting easier. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    Niggahs B. Wildin and Motife43 dapped this.
  12. A.R.

A.R. Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $300500.00

Jump Rope
    Jump Rope
    Jump Rope
    Jump Rope
    Jump Rope
    Jump Rope
    Jump Rope
    Jump Rope

DatManJay and Niggahs B. Wildin dapped this.