what's the verdict on uhd blu ray players?

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
i found a couple refurbs for some decent prices and was getting ready to pull the trigger, then i saw wonder woman was $30.:huhldup: is that how much they all go for? brehs who got one, was it worth it? is there a difference from digital?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Buy an XBOX 1 S and call it a day.
Sony spit in your face.
As for price, 4K Blu Rays go on sale regularly at Best Buy. I haven't paid over $20 for one yet.
I've been getting the 4K movies that come bundled with the regular blu ray copy in anticipation of getting a XB1X. (And when Sony finally wakes the hell up)

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Do what you want breh, but the xbox one is the goat media center device.
I'm asking about uhd blu rays breh. I'm not paying extra for a console just to get apps that several other devices in my house already have.

i thought i hit the jackpot with this for a sec though.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01K...xbox+one+s&dpPl=1&dpID=51UNUXhJjtL&ref=plSrch

*link is fixed now but somebody fukked up. it's $275 and you save $75 but before it was $75 and you save $275. don't know why i ain't screenshot.

Last edited:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I'm asking about uhd blu rays breh. I'm not paying extra for a console just to get apps that several other devices in my house already have.

i thought i hit the jackpot with this for a sec though.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01K...xbox+one+s&dpPl=1&dpID=51UNUXhJjtL&ref=plSrch

*link is fixed now but somebody fukked up. it's $275 and you save $75 but before it was $75 and you save $275. don't know why i ain't screenshot.
Just wait with the holiday season coming up I am sure they will be giving away xbox one systems at burger king.

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Buy an XBOX 1 S and call it a day.
Sony spit in your face.
As for price, 4K Blu Rays go on sale regularly at Best Buy. I haven't paid over $20 for one yet.
I've been getting the 4K movies that come bundled with the regular blu ray copy in anticipation of getting a XB1X. (And when Sony finally wakes the hell up)
Between the cost and features (or lack thereof), I couldn't justify buying a separate UHD BD player. Also, there's like zero chance there is a standard change and it doesn't get an update. Just likke the PS2 was the best or close to best DVD player for it's entire lifespan.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
i found a couple refurbs for some decent prices and was getting ready to pull the trigger, then i saw wonder woman was $30.:huhldup: is that how much they all go for? brehs who got one, was it worth it? is there a difference from digital?

I have 2 Samsung UHD 4K blu-ray players, I paid $400 for the 1st and $250 for the 2nd one. Well worth it, however this depends on your setup, I'm using a 65" Samsung 4K set with Onkyo 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos AVR with 12 speakers in the living room. For some brehs that might be overkill, I need the movie theater experience as close as I can get it.

As far as difference, visually yes if the UHD movies are transferred and shot well, they look crisper and cleaner than a 1080 version.

UHD blu-ray movies are always on sale from $14.99 and up

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
Idk how anyone could buy a movie :gucci:

If anything I'd pay for a complete series of a show for $10:gucci:

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I just want one to watch 4k Planet Earth with. Might just get an Xbox One X to suffice tho.