When a Ban on the Chinese Was Proposed and Frederick Douglass Spoke Out

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
It's a simple concept; a person that is willing to oppress one group is always ready to oppress another. The only way to overcome this is solidarity both within and without every oppressed group.

Is this goal always met? Obviously not. Do some oppressed groups turn to others for aid then toss them aside when able? Absolutely. But giving up the fight is surrender

I need others to stand and fight for blacks. We've done the heavy lifting far too long. It must be reciprocated

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think many people in the Civil rights movement and people who predated the movement knew that anti-immigrant policy could be used to boost numbers of whites. It is easy to posture as being anti immigrant while focusing on particular regions in the same manner that Australia had a "white Australia" immigration policy until the 1970s, quotas are specifically used to target particular regions.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I need others to stand and fight for blacks. We've done the heavy lifting far too long. It must be reciprocated
I thought it was pretty clear through this article that that type of thinking is immature and untrue.

Every minority in this country has had to do "heavy lifting" of their own against white supremacy. We've teamed with and against every single one. This type of post creates a false narrative that red/black/brown/european immigrant relations is black and white.

The relationships change century to century, region by region.

The statement "it must be reciprocated" means you do not have a solid knowledge base of black existence in this country. Chill out for a second and do your research.