White Americans Draw Distinctions Between African-Americans and Blacks

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
huh? You know you don't have to add anything to the conversation if you have no truth to add? How many white people actually know Africans? I'm not trying to diss them but, lets be real there are not that many here. And you know damn well African-American had nothing to do with Africans coming here from africa, in this era. Why do people always feel a need to try to downplay anything positive about AA, then say we have inferiority complexes?

As far as the study, that comes from the word "Black" always being used in a negative way. When they hear it, I doubt they are thinking of people but the negativity associated with the word, and that can be negative black people. When they hear AA, it causes them to think of people, and anyone can come to mind. Chances are its people who use that term, which are people in the media, who give a positive image such as Oprah, or whoever. That still doesn't negate when shown actual pictures of blacks, it has been shown that they think negative of us, and get nervous. When they see whites, they feel relaxed, and don't thing anything negative. This was not just what people, if I remember the study correctly.

Africans NEVER refer to themselves as AA formally, especially if they have accomplished something.
They almost ALWAYS I.D. with their country of origin, and only check AA on the on the census/scholarship forms.
So, yeah nice try.

I swear, these new posters are dense as a brick. :snoop:

I'd hate to see yall in the KTL days before we had :troll: smileys, you'd get trolled into oblivion. :heh:

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'd hate to see yall in the KTL days before we had :troll: smileys, you'd get trolled into oblivion. :heh:
I had a feeling you was trolling but, from reading some from these post on AA, I wasn't sure, so i just answered as if you weren't:manny:

kayslay

African American Princess
Daps

is that all you dudes do is troll?:rudy:
but that does sound like some shyt a non AA would say:russ:

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
this is what happens when you dedicate your subconscious to supporting social constructs of race. the society alters the meaning of the construct and you went from a black person to a n*gga just that quick :scust:

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
"When I'm traveling around the country, I use my real Muslim name, Malik Shabazz. I make my hotel reservations under that name, and I always see the same thing I've just been telling you. I come to the desk and always see that 'here-comes-a-Negro' look. It's kind of a reserved, coldly tolerant cordiality. But when I say 'Malik Shabazz,' their whole attitude changes: they snap to respect. They think I'm an African. People say what's in a name? There's a whole lot in a name. The American black man is seeing the African respected as a human being. The African gets respect because he has an identity and cultural roots. But most of all because the African owns some land. For these reasons he has his human rights recognized, and that makes his civil rights automatic."

X

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
"When I'm traveling around the country, I use my real Muslim name, Malik Shabazz. I make my hotel reservations under that name, and I always see the same thing I've just been telling you. I come to the desk and always see that 'here-comes-a-Negro' look. It's kind of a reserved, coldly tolerant cordiality. But when I say 'Malik Shabazz,' their whole attitude changes: they snap to respect. They think I'm an African. People say what's in a name? There's a whole lot in a name. The American black man is seeing the African respected as a human being. The African gets respect because he has an identity and cultural roots. But most of all because the African owns some land. For these reasons he has his human rights recognized, and that makes his civil rights automatic."

X

that's deep

:myman: