White business woman got hit with that trump reality check, cries via open letter

TEXAS MANDINGO

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
Mary, the daughter of a GM executive, had factory jobs growing up and was expected to work. Her father started Lucerne in 1993 and Mary went to work there. It was her idea to move manufacturing to China.

“We were barreling along, a million or two a shot [per year],” she said. “Now we’re about $32 million in sales.”

She took over operations in 2006 and bought out her father in 2015. “It’s all mine now,” she said.

She employs 34 people in Michigan and another 16 through her joint ventures in Asia.

Her work is all over the road. The trademark door hinges on the Jeep Wrangler? “I actually make every one of those door hinges,” she said.

“We make the battery tray for the Chevy Volt. We make 600-pound axle housings for heavy trucks.”

She has a Corvette in the garage at home. “I made the piston, so why not?”

The Boxer And The CEO: A Detroit Love Story

:francis:

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

That’s why Devine thinks the Trump administration’s stifling of guest-worker programs has more to do with racism than economics. ‘I think there’s a war on brown people,’ he said.

giphy.gif

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
-- The president’s decision to pull out of the Iran deal, and reimpose sanctions, will cost Boeing contracts worth as much as $20 billion to replenish Iran’s aging fleet of commercial planes. The Chicago-based aerospace giant downplayed the impact last week, noting that there’s already a backlog of orders for 737 aircraft so production won’t slow. But $20 billion in planes represents quite a lot of manufacturing work.
Those jobs will now go to other countries — specifically Russia. “Russian aircraft makers, who can skirt the U.S. sanctions, are already working on deals,” the Puget Sound Business Journal reports. “A Russian aircraft maker is exploring plans to make a modified version of its Sukhoi Superjet 100 regional airliner so Iranian airlines can buy the jet.”
:mjkomrade: