Why can't I enjoy 90's hip-hop?

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
Why do you old heads get so caught up in the newer generation liking what they like without bombarding them with your "well back in my days" stories?

Looking objectively its foolish to compare the generations. The culture is different, the technology is different, the drugs are different, the attitudes are different, the parents are different, America is different, the world is different.

old heads just repeating the same cycle the parents who didnt fukk with hip hop did in the 90's.

Our era is dead...get over it.Let the kids like what they like. I gaurantee you same old heads would respond the same way if I bombarded you with old school jazz music from the 30's, 40's and 50's. If I went in speaking about how music was better when Duke Ellington, Charlie Parker and Billie Holiday was running shyt ya'll would eventually repel from anything i say and revert your attention back to loving 90's hip hop no matter what I say about old school jazz.

Let the kids have their era.

Most sensible kids in the 90's had no problem with music from the 60's and 70's, tho.

Parliament, Isley Brothers, Al Green, Betty Wright, James Brown, EWF, were all respected. And by default if you liked hip-hop, you at least tried to learn more about those artists.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
What his sweet ass really is saying that Hard Core break beats, Dusty crate kicks, chaotic production and Alpha Male posture of the 90's is to masculine for his sweet self and he need some melodies like Drake that is not threatening

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
I understand your young nikka trying to justify this piss poor hip hop generation
BUT stop it !!!!
with your nonsense, damn near every fukking rapper sounds da same
unlike the 90s when you heard a new rapper for the 1st time one could tell where they was from
east coast, west coast, down south, mid west

:snoop: stop trolling- u ain't fooling nobody
I had to stop responding to that dude. :mjlol:

He means well I guess but I refuse to go back and forth with a 15 year old on hip-hop.

Hell, I think he quoted me in this very thread but I didn't look to see what he said:mjlol:

Ron Fox

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Thats top secret information
Most sensible kids in the 90's had no problem with music from the 60's and 70's, tho.

Parliament, Isley Brothers, Al Green, Betty Wright, James Brown, EWF, were all respected. And by default if you liked hip-hop, you at least tried to learn more about those artists.

:francis:

No one said anything about having a problem with old school hip hop. I dont even know why u would bring that up when OP said it himself he's attempted to listen to 90's hip hop and he cant get into it even tho he likes some 90s rappers.....that would put him in the same category of atleast trying to learn about artists from the past like u just mentioned.

Last edited: