Why would any self respecting family of color allow their children to go to universities in the SEC

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Schools like Ol Miss that still rock the confederate flag, and state universities in Alabama where racism still thrives. :snoop:

Ignorance is bliss. A lot of those schools had to either be forced to segregate or did so out of desperation because other schools had black players and were getting that work. Its sad that we thrive and dominate pro sports like football and basketball but instead of HBCU's being integrated into the SEC, ACC, Big 12 etc. they have sat and rotted away. A generation lost :pacspit:

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
:manny: can't really blame this generation for that. I blame heads like Bill Russel and Wilt. Imagine if they started the trend of going to HBCU and forcing the nation to put a telescope on those schools and start a trend of having the best athletes from our communities go there. Imagine a Lebron James going to Howard or Micheal Jordan playing Hampton. Things now might actually be different. But it amazes me how our people are so quick to give our money and talent to establishments who have no interest in lifting our community.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
:manny: can't really blame this generation for that. I blame heads like Bill Russel and Wilt. Imagine if they started the trend of going to HBCU and forcing the nation to put a telescope on those schools and start a trend of having the best athletes from our communities go there. Imagine a Lebron James going to Howard or Micheal Jordan playing Hampton. Things now might actually be different. But it amazes me how our people are so quick to give our money and talent to establishments who have no interest in lifting our community.

Eventually Hampton and Howard would've been invited to join the ACC or Big 10. Those conference generate millions upon millions a year from sports. And its not just on the college level. Prep schools and private schools scoop up inner city kids every year to once again contribute to their sports programs revenue streams.

I watched this documentary about athletes in the south wanting to go to schools like Texas or Alabama just so they could stay close to home. Even back then they didn't want to embrace their own. They wanted to be considered equal to their white counterparts so much that they lost sight in uplifting their own. Building their own. Instead of making HBCU's shine like SEC schools they would rather just attend those schools. I blame the teachers, and administrators for having such low standards. shyt is sad if you really think on it.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Schools like Ol Miss that still rock the confederate flag, and state universities in Alabama where racism still thrives. :snoop:

Ignorance is bliss. A lot of those schools had to either be forced to segregate or did so out of desperation because other schools had black players and were getting that work. Its sad that we thrive and dominate pro sports like football and basketball but instead of HBCU's being integrated into the SEC, ACC, Big 12 etc. they have sat and rotted away. A generation lost :pacspit:
Racism still thrives?

What does this mean?

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:dwillhuh:

Our taxes support these state institutions. Are you saying black people should not go to school's that are supported by their tax dollars?