Would a parliamentary system rid us of our two party control?

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
Its something I've thought about and wonder if this would be a better system than what we currently have. That way, even if you vote for say, the Green Party, it won't be a wasted vote in the sense that you will still see representation in your government for their interests.

What do you think?

Additional Question:

Before the 1800s, the person with the most votes became president obviously, but the vice president was always the person who came in second place. Do you think this also would be something that we would benefit from by bringing back? Would this maybe remove some of the most negative aspects of campaigning when you know whoever loses will be your VP in the future?

In 2016, that would have resulted in Donald Trump as President and Hillary as VP. :mjlol::mjlol:

The fukkery...

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Its something I've thought about and wonder if this would be a better system than what we currently have. That way, even if you vote for say, the Green Party, it won't be a wasted vote in the sense that you will still see representation in your government for their interests.

What do you think?

Additional Question:

Before the 1800s, the person with the most votes became president obviously, but the vice president was always the person who came in second place. Do you think this also would be something that we would benefit from by bringing back? Would this maybe remove some of the most negative aspects of campaigning when you know whoever loses will be your VP in the future?

In 2016, that would have resulted in Donald Trump as President and Hillary as VP. :mjlol::mjlol:

The fukkery...

I didn't know that. I wonder why they replaced that system? I guess i'll get my computer "puting".

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
I didn't know that. I wonder why they replaced that system? I guess i'll get my computer "puting".
It was after the creation of political parties which begin with John Adams (federalist) and Thomas Jefferson (democratic republican ) as president and Vice President respectively. This led to a lot infighting between the two and the whole Adams administration was a mess.

Before this political parties weren't really a thing and VP and President usually worked well together.

It was changed with the 12th admendement in 1804.

Last edited: