Would CM Punk have been back in WWE…

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
Would CM Punk have been back in WWE…if he had never signed to AEW?

AEW looking like a feeder system to rehabilitated superstars of WWE. Matt Hardy next!

jeh

Superstar
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
No. He was gone for almost a decade breh. Hall of fame....perhaps. but outright back in the publicly traded company, with a jam packed well lit Arena, a company that makes an easy estimation of $100 million for two glorified house shows in Saudi Land twice a year. I doubt it.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Would CM Punk have been back in WWE…if he had never signed to AEW?

AEW looking like a feeder system to rehabilitated superstars of WWE. Matt Hardy next!
Why you dont want to talk about where SCAR going bowling?

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Yes. There's an episode on Renee's podcast where they basically laid out how he got brought back into wrestling. FOX wanted CM Punk on their studio show, so they had Renee bridge the gap between Punk and FOX/WWE since Renee was still in somewhat communication with him. He credited her for bringing him back into wrestling. I think the FOX show reinvigorated his love for pro wrestling since he was working with his friends (Renee, Joe, etc).

AEW reached out to Punk before they even started. They wanted to bring him in from the jump like they did with Jericho and Moxley. He turned them down because he wanted to wait and see. I guess AEW became enough of an established brand that he decided to sign with them. My opinion, I think that's probably where some of the bad blood came from between him & the Elite.